This should let out some of the trapped water and debris that is stuck in the drain. Dealer service dept. Does anyone else have this issue? Mine was full of water. You can see them without removing any trim, but to get access to the end of the drain tube you have to remove the kick panel. Thanks for posting. Some 2016-2017 edge/mkx, 2017 continental, and 2017 fusion/mkz vehicles equipped with a 2.7l or 3.0l gasoline turbocharged direct injection (gtdi) engine and built on 1-apr-2016 and through 1-jan-2017 may exhibit white or blue smoke from th. Locate the drain holes. The front windshield just drips. Dang! by Unobtainium Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:24 pm, Post Home; All Hands on Tech . Todays sunroofs/moonroofs feature state of the art engineering and complex mechanisms and water management systems. Mk1 1995 N Dark Aubergine 2.0 GLX Estate with smoke indicators electric everything and dark smoke window tint, tailgate spoiler light smoke slimline wind deflectors, Truffle Leather interior with heaters. You can see these holes on the corners of the pan assembly. all manufacturers' sunroofs leak. Video tutorial on how to unplug a sunroof drain. All they do to fix the problem is get a can of compressed air & blow the tube out. I keep getting a message that the board attachment quota has been reached. It could be a big help to other members. Contact Us - Nevertheless she still had a strong case. Clearly, the water is supposed to drain from this area into yet another inaccessible sheet metal cavity below, but it was not happening. Clear editor. It's never a bunch only a couple dropsI'm taking it to the dealership to be checked for a leak next time I get an oil changenot sure what the deal is but its frustrating on such a new car! Do you know where the front drains exit? "Jim Warman" wrote in message news:TvTnm.43630$PH1.35313@edtnps82 "Fred" wrote in message. Depending on your vehicle, the location of these may vary, though the front drain holes in most cars exit in the doorjamb or under the car. I was getting a shower and wet seat in my 1999 Subaru Outback Ltd. at first i thought the sunroof drains were clogged causing it to leak. To unblock it, gently pull the pipe away from the body and remove the elbow join from the end of the pipe. By Powered by Invision Community, Ford Fusion Modifications and Technical Discussion. I have a clogged driver side front sunroof drain tube. Thanks in advance. Thanks! To shop for a Fusion with sunroof / moonroof: check prices and deals of cars with moonroof for sale, and find a dealership near you in the US Can anyone point me to where the AC drain is at on a 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium? If you download the images to your computer you can alter the color/brightness/contrast if necessary to better spot some of the details. Then all of a sudden the leaks started happening. If you want to know where it exits just pour water around the edges of your sunroof and then watch under the car for it to come out. by Adria719 Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:16 am, Post 5. Step 2 This information has been great and has help me identify the front drainage tubes. Stay up to date with my latest tutorials, don't forget to FOLLOW my profile and be sure to check out my YOUTUBE page as well for all your DIY needs. Photo credit to Nick. It will likely be the 2 front moonroof drains that are clogged. Could you post a photo of these two holes you refer to? Should be an easy fix, the reason for the wait is because they probably have another company come out for water leaks. It's possible that a sunroof drain is clogged. I pulled the wheel well liner back and away from the the firewall and was unable to locate any sort of drain port. Evaporator Drain, Includes Time To Install Elbow, Heat Shield Tape And Inspect Carpet For Dampness (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 192345A 0.6 Hrs. 2007 Fusion sunroof. 2018 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD. Luckily I've never had any leaks though and I would have thought that Moonroofs are pretty dependable and solid today. A portable airline and stiff electrical cable soon cleared the grime out. Here's the rear rail back in Here's the dumb kinked tube. to. by olmster Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm, Post Nope,you need to open the sun roof fully, at the left and right sides are water channels, pour water into these channels wba cup and look for good drainage under your car, water should pour out pretty quickly. Your link has been automatically embedded. Water that gets under the rubber on AFTER MARKET sun roofswill run inside the vehicle. My car is always parked on a slight incline with the front of the car pointing down. They're replacing the glass (I assume it comes already attached to the seal) as soon as it comes in. My 2012 Fusion has a water leak when it rains, leaving standing water in both sides of the back seat floorboard. I don't know how to make repairs so I'm going to have to take it to the dealership and get it fixed. MINE WAS BLOCKED DRAINS . Turn the ignition to the ON position. Twist and squeeze the rubber ends of the drain to help release the dirt and debris. JavaScript is disabled. I have a 2010 Ford Fusion that in winter slush gets water in the drivers floor Water is leaking into the drivers floor. 4 years ago When it rains, we have standing water in the front passenger floor board. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Press the tape down around the seal. jerseyfusion, The Ford Fusion Forumis not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, licensed or approved by Ford Motor Company. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. It runs well and the bells and whistles are great. Location UNION DALE PA. If the air compressor does not work or you do not have access to one, use a wire. I had to do some cleanup. by TwoTone Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:52 am, Post Got the drain tube out of its location and pulled it up thru the gap at the side of the A pillar,with the A pillar cover removed,i then drilled the oneway valve out at the pipe end,and a pile a black sh1ty sludge came out followed by plenty of clear water. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. ford_leak Fusion Member 4 Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic My Fusion:Decline Author Posted October 4, 2020 Update: It is indeed leaking down the left (driver's) side, from the corner up behind the dash. . When the bands wear out, the deflector plate sits too high, causing it to get stuck between the sunroof . Looking forward to further disassembly this weekend. After arbitration Ford had to buy back the car! GUESS WHAT - STILL LEAKING THRU SUNVISOR AND SIDE, DOOR/WINDSHIELD FRAME UPHOLSTERY. I don't even WANT the Moonroof but I've got to buy it as it's packaged with the SONY Stereo. Resolution: The 2 drain tubes are 3/8 inch clear hose that run from the sunroof pan thru the roof pillars and down behind the kick panel in the foot well area. Did you find a solution with your 2012? Also is the sunroof on the MK4 Mondeo meant to let in so much water or is the weatherstrip around the glass supposed to be a watertight seal. Some photos from yesterdays drying out session. You will see a "ditch" where the water gathers in the front. found a seam where the floor pan meets the firewall that was supposed to be sealed with some kind of foam or silicone. Members can start their own topics & subscribe to topics For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Those connect to the drain tubes. Furthermore, it prevents moisture from entry to the trucks' inside. Pull the door seal trim away so it's out of the way. The silicon worked and there is no more leakage. Yes, assuming your 2019 Fusion is still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty, or an ESP that covers the moonroof, make an appointment with your Ford Dealer to have the issue properly diagnosed and corrected. In fact, every seam between the various sheet metal pieces was filled some some rubbery foam stuff. It has a sunroof. Nice S-shaped kink. But I don't know about this one because I see no mention in the manual andI can't see any obvious drain holes.Obviously no drain holes would work if I left it in the full slide-open position.It would benice if one of Ford's better ideas was to put in a rain sensor to close it if it rains. It happened after the snow melted and the streets were wet with puddles everywhere. Subject: 2012 Ford Escape premium care warranty for Sunroof. BEGAN LEAKING THRU SUN VISOR IN NOV. BROUGHT IN FOR SERVICE. The work they preceded to do on the vehicle has actually caused a substancial amount of damage to it. I hope the guy who designed this is having a really bad weekend. Does this sound right? Make sure the metal strip of the fuse is not burned or damaged. On all the, That's the way my Escape moonroof works. Livid isnt a strong enough word. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -, By logging into your account, you agree to our. Did you make this project? Car sunroof repair: Insert a snake. Yep. The #1 Ford Explorer enthusiast resource for over 25 years! 0:00 / 7:44 Sunroof Drain Cleaning (Sunroof Exits) - 2013 Ford Taurus TechDude731 1.11K subscribers Subscribe 102 Share 17K views 5 years ago Find the location of the sunroof drain exits,. TSB ID: 17-2235. These drains are normally feed through the roof pillars and exit somewhere underneath the vehicle. No problems since. Just noticed that I typed 3/6" I.D. Find new Parts and Accessories for your 2013 Ford Fusion. I'm pretty upset considering I've only had the car for just under a month. Water was draining fast so I it is either unclogged or I have another problem. We will see next time it rains. I never use the dang thing, sun makes it too hot to even open the shade except in winter here in the south. You cannot effectively do a visual inspect of the pocket area, even with a mirror, but I was able to feel around with my fingers in search of a drain hole. I had to move the corner of the pop-up wind deflector that is clipped down to see it. Sucks about the wait, and I'm sorry about the frustration on such a new car, but let's hope they can get it in and resolved quickly. I have a 2007 Milan (I am the original owner) and the sunroof started leaking. I've put together a quick quide as to how to clear the drain channels / pipes in the sunroof of a Mondeo. The Ford Fusion Forumis not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, licensed or approved by Ford Motor Company. Glass.com is your one-stop portal to the best auto glass shops in your area. They replaced the glass on the moonroof and scratched the daylights out of the car doing so and their testing somehow resulted in water damage all around the windshield. If you have a sunroof/moonroof, roll it back, and look in the driver front corner, should be a little opening that leads to the drain line. No water on the floor. Quote 08Fusion Fusion Member 53 Posted May 17, 2008 This pinpoint test is intended to diagnose the following: Roof opening panel glass alignment ; . 4 years ago i rear ended another car going about 10 miles per hour. It took 6 services for resolution. TSB ID: SSM 46810. 4. I was driving down the road and I noticed one tiny drop of water come out of the sunglass holder. Archive - A Pocket Sundial From a Broken Pocket Watch! Vista, tow pkg. Technical tip: right click on any of these images to view them in higher resolution and/or with better quality. 2013 Limited Ecoboost AWD. Well i pushed a brake cable up through that valve and yes i got quite a bit of horrible black gunge followed by some clear water. Your cars sunroof drains should be cleaned regularly. Weirdly, a bottle of water poured into the gutter drains well and this problem also does not occur at the car wash. 3. With no luck rooting out the drain on mine I dropped the front of the headliner on the curbside and found the drain tube had slipped off the fitting on the moonroof frame allowing water directly into the A pillar. (Actually, it's a speedometer cable found at any auto parts store for about $8.) http://www.talkford.com/topic/198169-leak-in-roof-water-on-seat-is-it-the-sunroof/page-2, Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Steering (Mk3 Mondeo). After pulling out the trim and roof lining and not finding any blockage Ive just sealed up my sunroof with gutter silicon. With it open all the way, look. Opened the sunroof and located the 2 drain holes along the front edge of the sunroof drain pan (other posts here say there are 4 drain tubes- the 2 front drains are easily accessible- I did not look for the rear ones). Step 1 Locate the drain holes. With the sunroof completely retracted, look inside to see the trough. DEALER CHECKED FOR LEAKS AND CLOGGED DRAINS. . Great tips, thank you for sharing! The Mustang had a leak and six months after it was fixed my dome light contacts were corroded just enough to cause the light to flicker, so I replaced them. "Jeff" wrote in message news:9bb88fc9-efe5-4f50@upsg2000gro.googlegroups.com "Fred" wrote in message news:4a9f8f21$0$22526$607e@cv.net Now you can take my word for it - my source of information is section 501-17 Roof Opening Panel in the 2008 factory WSM or you can part with a few bucks a www.helminc.com for your very own WSM. The front floorboard does not get wet. I did them from the top down the first times but need to try the reverse. Then, when he was driving over a speed bump, then front wheel engine and tranny literally tore loose and almost flipped over in the engine bay. Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. I opened it and didn't feel any waters so I brushed it off. You'd think manufacturers would outline it in the owner's manual as a preventative maintenance step. I later realized that the problem is with where the car was packed - directly under the nozzle exit of a house roof rain collecting pipe. It did not leak at all the first 5 months I owned the car. Friday, February 24, 2023. 2006 Final Facelift ST220 in Stardust Silver - Owner is a Fan Boy. I was told by the dealership today that the epoxy used to bond the moonroof glass to the seal was bad, causing the leak (mine was on the passenger side).