And David felt very, very deeply that, you know, having witnessed this, I mean, almost being a broadcast through it all and not letting the world know. [8][9] The day prior, a promotional video was released showing Attenborough answer questions from celebrities. Which of these technological advances is associated with the development of writing? He's about 50-52. It's the kind of viewing the world as finite, as he talked about and David showed in that previous clip, and that mindset shift and way that we approach everything, is fundamental to this. The evidence is all around. Book Keyword. rather than it being a scientific challenge. I have many friends in other parts of the world where some of David's series have been dubbed by other actors. Because it's quite an accomplishment to do that. But we're going to have a little break first. What they we're likely to see in the next hundred years. And probably no individual has seen as much of the Earth's wilderness as he has in his illustrious nearly 70 year career. And I'm sure there are a lot more to come. That's why humans must never let stability go. We came up with the idea with David. I even, growing up in in Texas in high school, you know, we saw some of his documentaries then. And the whole idea of our planet was, we need to start to bring about change. You know, it was, I think quite a difficult thing for him to come and take on. But the other one, of course, is reducing our impacts on the climate. I'm here with Keith Scholey and Colin Butfield, co-directo and producer of David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet. I think you've pretty much said it, but what do you want the lasting message of this film to be? That is what stability does for humans. I mean, I highly recommend the film, obviously, I sat down with my family and watched it last night. Did he resist that? But times are changing again. Simplicity in this film was everything. That the environment crisis makes COVID, I'm sorry, look like a very, very small issue. And some of the people in the BBC says, Well, I reckon this is probably going to be, you know, Attenborough's last one. Attenborough describes the film as his "witness statement" and gives an impression of what could happen to the planet over the course of a lifetime beginning in 2020 and lasting as long as his own, were human activity to continue unchanged. He's, by nature, it means a trained filmmaker, trained producer has been for years. Edit the file on your computer and upload it to the server via FTP. He's actually a very humble man. So we're definitely going to try and use some of the momentum from this film towards that. Blue Planet II 2 One Ocean And The Deep Free Download HD. Keith Scholey 0:00Hi, I'm Keith Scholey. And we will gain an awful lot from it. On platforms that enforce case-sensitivity PNG and png are not the same locations. But, you know, you start in Chernobyl, which is an interesting way to frame it. The problem is, of course, lifting ourselves up from the day to day to address it, but independently is a no brainer to embrace this. And to persuade him to say no, we're going to put you front and center. Head on down to the show notes for more information about today's episode, our guests and the team behind the podcast. Bringing back pollinators, bringing back trees, restoring the ocean, all of those things will not only bring the benefits, they must obviously bring back those environments, but they also bring stability back to the planet. 2020 | Maturity Rating: 7+ | 1h 23m | Science & Nature Docs. Keith Scholey 20:31Yeah, no, the whole idea of the Our Planet series was, Alastair Fothergill and I, who started Silverback films, we've made lots, we used to work at the BBC, made a lots of landmark series, like Planet Earth, Blue Planet, before. And there I was, actually being asked to explore these places and record the wonders of the natural world for people back home. [6][11], The film received positive critical reception. WebDavid Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet is a groundbreaking documentary hosted by David Attenborough that explores the changing nature of our Earth and highlights the In David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet, Keith Scholey of Silverback Films and Colin Butfield of the World Wildlife Fund bring us Sir David's witness statement. But, what a lot of people don't know about David, is he's so much more than a presenter and voiceover artist. WebDavid Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet. I think the film is done very well. Coal releases 25 000 kJ/kg as it burns so how much coal is used per hour? 43:51 - How COVID-19 has affected the filming of David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet. I've even got my, I mean, I think the message is getting through to certainly certain generations, I mean, my own daughter's doing her EPQ project, she wants to rewild our garden. if anyone has watched David Attenborough's documentary "A Life On Our Planet" can you summarize it ? We just require now the will and the determination to do what needs to happen. So there's two of them. ), but the specifics of an 83-minute movie were never going to be the key takeaways from a film about a 93-year (now 94) life. WebDavid Attenborough: A Life On Our Planetis a first-hand account of humanitys impact on nature and a message of hope for future generations. Is this about rewilding? Or what is the follow up to this film? Related to the study of human social systems, customs, traditions, and beliefs. In fact, the opposite is true. [9] Emma Clarke of the Evening Standard called the film "an essential watch". The story of how we came to make this our greatest mistake. Fast forward to 2020. Because the real problem with environmental crisis is the world is confused. And so an unstable world, and we know this from what's happened in past extinction events, can take eons to sort itself out. Is the order safe for a child who weighs 30 lb? If he can keep going, he will keep going. But it seems to me that we don't even have time to wait for them to start doing things. And then, sort of in the 90s, we started to see whole habitats look threatened. The variety of life (animals and plants) in the world or in a particular habitat or ecosystem. Colin Butfield 4:05Yeah, things are pretty good with me, actually, thanks. Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at Alamo pictures. But he's nearly been, it's what, nearly 70 years on. And Keith, I mean, you've been a longtime collaborator of his, nearly as long as his career obviously. I know you're still, it's still early days in terms of just been released. It will, ultimately, in the case of Amazon, it will have lost so much moisture, it will ultimately be in a tipping point towards perpetual decline. Matthew 19:47It's interesting, you mentioned tipping point. And then I've, you know, lately I've been saying it's going to be Gen Z or Gen Zed depending on where you live, that's going to save the day. It solves itself in hundreds of thousands of years. And it's all happening in the next 12 months. We must tackle poverty and enable people around the world to receive an education - this will bring down population growth to a balanced level. An element that makes up about 21% of Earth's atmosphere. How many mountain gorillas are left in the jungle in Central Africa? Because we've had hundreds of David's last ones. The official children's companion to the series, written by Matt Whyman and WWF, with a foreword He proposes re-wilding; moreover, he says that bringing countries out of poverty, providing universal healthcare and improving girls' education would make the growing human population stabilise sooner and at a lower level. Colin Butfield 16:10Well, I think we've got two things happening at exactly the same time. How many mass extinctions has the Earth had. He reminds us that the health of humanity is directly related to the health of the environment and wildlife. Over how long have world temperatures been stable? Either way, please contact your web host immediately. Connect live to experts and classrooms worldwide via Skype in the Classroom. It's the magic ingredient that enables the world to work smoothly. It was the best time of my life. /index.php [L] He grew up really, really deeply understanding the natural world, he has huge interest in anthropology and in geology, collected fossils at a young age, studied biology and natural sciences, real genuine understander, and curiosity of a wealth of different sciences. I mean, do you have more films, bigger projects, maybe working with Silverback? But, does he write his own lines? Because we've realized that we're at this kind of crucial, you know, Colin talks about a tipping point, humanity is at a tipping point. I remember someone in the Obama administration saying, never waste a crisis. So my lifetime, we've lost, on average, 68% of wildlife population. It's for all the thousands, billions of people who are going to follow us. Matthew 3:49Indeed, yes. WebHonest, revealing and urgent, David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet is a powerful first-hand account of humanitys impact on nature and a message of hope for future A dialogue box may appear asking you about encoding. This film is my witness statement and my vision for the future. Ipaliwag ang inyong sagot gamit ang mga, Sanaysay: 1. Nomadic groups whose food supply depends on hunting animals and collecting plant foods, The planet will be four degrees Celsius warmer, rendering large parts of the Earth uninhabitable and leaving millions of people homeless, Currents bring nutrients to the surface and trigger an explosion of life, Community of living organisms in conjunction with the nonliving components of their environment, interacting as a system, Five times in life's four-billion-year history. And he looked perplexed at me. Colin Butfield 40:35I think one of the things that people forget, and certainly I wouldn't have known before working with him was, you seem, because he's 94 he's not into technology. We need to re-wild the world again in order to provide us with the resources and living conditions required for human life to be sustained. So we don't want to go through the whole, rehash the whole film, you know, people should go and watch it. So let's listen to that clip now. WebSir David Attenborough provided us with a powerful first-hand account of our impact on nature. Before you do anything, it is suggested that you backup your website so that you can revert back to a previous version if something goes wrong. Get the latest news & films from ourplanet.com. It can you know, we make it a vaccine in record time, you know, if resources and scientists are given that sort of backing things can be achieved in a much quicker time than any of us had imagined. I mean, really, it's interesting what you say about your daughter rewilding. People have never seen pangolins before on television, they've never this before. WebSummary. WebDavid Attenborough, in full Sir David Frederick Attenborough, (born May 8, 1926, London, England), English broadcaster, writer, and naturalist noted for his innovative So the first thing really is we're all of our voices and things like that. Protecting a third of coastal areas from fishing could allow fish populations to thrive and the remaining area would be sufficient for human consumption. We'll gain out of all of this clean air, we will save health services and economists, billions, will gain better water, better food, stable, growing seasons, all of those things that businesses rely on to thrive. Matthew 48:02And for both of you.