Place the ground meat in the slow cooker. The Cookie Rookie is a place to find easy recipes that anyone can make, and everyone will love! Slow Cooker Ground Beef Tacos | Beef Tacos Slow Cooker Subscribe & receive my most popular recipes compiled into an easy ebook format! Then lay the eye of the potato on top of the ground. You cant go wrong with thisslow cooker recipe. Add ground beef to the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes more. (Update: check out my finished kitchen remodel!). Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours. How long does 6 pounds take to cook? Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure. Serve with your favorite taco shells, tortilla chips and favorite toppings. Put your raw (thawed) ground beef in the crock pot and break it up with a wooden spoon. Pour about. Want to save this recipe for later? Make it a pasta Serve it over your favorite pasta such as rotini, spaghetti, shells, fettuccine, etc. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours. Everyone is much happier with a delicious home cooked meal anyway. Slow-Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage - Delish Not only have I shared it multiple times but its been in regular monthly rotation in our household. There is no browning required in this recipe. Water the straw with a sprinkler, like you would your normal garden. Dinner will be waiting for you, not the other way around. Cover and cook for 3 -4 hours on high until no longer pink. You can make this recipe using ground turkey for a lower-fat meal and it still tastes awesome! Place the ground meat (raw) in the crock pot. Serve with your favorite tortillas, and any other taco toppings. Please try again. Ive doubled it for parties and its a hit. Cant wait to make it again! Hey there! You are quite self-centered to think that the author of this post sits around waiting to immediately respond to bloggers questions. Check Out These Other Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes. Having a party? Learn how your comment data is processed. Thanks for sharing! This looks delicious!The whole family loved it Cant wait to make it again . Stretch your dollar with beans added to this slow-cooker ground beef! Fortunately, there is a way to avoid washing the extra pot that would normally come along with browning ground beef. Simple and easy. Use a wooden spoon to combine the best you can. Slow cooker liners are an optional but helpful hack whenever using a slow cooker. Love that theres no browning the meat before hand. Place the crock pot liner into the crock pot. For first batch, spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Great work. and I am the recipe developer/blogger behind these posts. I brown it before hand to get rid of grease. The question about serving is though it says 6 how many tacos does it make for 6 servings? Roll it up in a tortilla to create these delicious, Add sauce and noodles and it transforms into. Dinner is so easy with the slow cooker plus really tasty as well. Let us know if you've tried this recipe and how it was! Mommy & Foodie. You can also add rice to your tacos. It is so much better for them and I know they are eating something that will last them for awhile. Whole frozen chickens cook to perfection as well! Stir, cover, and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3 hours. I made this today since my stove isnt working. Welcome to Slow Cooker Foodie, a place where I share my love for cooking using my Slow Cooker! Is this a recipe you have canned? To make them more mild, omit the diced green chiles and omit the cayenne pepper. (By the way, if you love easy and delicious recipes, you will love my Prairie Homestead cookbook! Mix in the Spices. Add all ingredients to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker. In many recipes, you'll see a step for sauting the beef on the stove before putting it in the slow cooker, but it's not necessary for this recipe. Loved it and so did the family. What size crockpot to use? We have the best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe with only 3 ingredients needed! Just be careful NOT to add anything with too much moisture. Your email address will not be published. If it finished cooking before you need it, turn the crock pot down to LOW or WARM until youre ready to eat. Now you definitely need a crock pot for this recipe. Lets cook! Such a great idea for our next tacos Tuesday! Fabulous taste & texture, rivals a commercial fast food restaurants offerings. Adding all ingredients in with raw ground beef provides greasy and unpleasant results. Crockpot Taco Meat - The Salty Marshmallow This post may contain affiliate links. Make-your-own tacos are an easy way to keep everyone at your meal table happy. I like to buy mine in bulk for a cheaper per-piece price. If they are all teens/college-aged make double. No browning step required and no tomatoes or ketchup needed. Slow Cooker Lentil and Brown Rice Tacos - Melanie Makes How lean does the meat need to be? I didnt think to take a picture, but this was so easy and tasty, I will definitely make it again. Select the manual function and cook for 7 minutes. I love the flavor of homemade taco seasoning, but if youre in a rush or dont have all the spices on hand packets come in handy! Stir to combine. She has a life outside this column with real-life challenges, emergencies and demands. Top with the taco seasoning, garlic powder, and salsa. Thank you! Stuffed with bourbon glazed corned beef, the sandwich is topped with a vinegar-based cabbage slaw that really pops. Top with shredded cheese. Meat will be browned but doesnt have to cook all the way. Once you have fully cooked (and drained all excess fat and liquids from) your beef, this recipe is a breeze. So glad the blog has been helpful for you! Cover and Cook for 5 minutes longer. Hi Susan It truly depends on the size of your tacos and how much meat you add to each taco but as a rough estimate, I would say this recipe yields around 16-20 tacos. I'd like to receive the free email course. I have 4 boys & they ALL love it. Cover with straw. Add orange juice For a subtle citrus flavor. Submit your question, comment, or review below. Drain, if necessary or use a slotted spoon to remove meat. This crock pot taco meat would be the perfect starter for a one-pot soup or party dip Just make sure to DRAIN the meat BEFORE you add anything else to the slow cooker. I hope this info helps! Have you tried this Slow cooker Beef Tacos recipe? Tap here to download my FREE Recipe eBook, about 3 ounces Homemade Taco Seasoning or your favorite taco seasoning. The original Louisiana po' boys were stuffed with EITHER fried seafood or thinly sliced beef, so this sammy is an American original in more ways than one. This is our go to taco meat recipe. Copyright 2022 The Lazy Slow Cooker, LLC, Cabbage & Ground Beef (Slow Cooker Recipe), see notes below for homemade taco seasoning recipe, place slow cooker liner in vessel (optional), add taco seasoning, water, tomato paste and garlic salt to slow cooker vessel and stir, cover and cook 4-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high. In a 6 quart slow cooker, whisk together beef broth, wine, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, garlic, thyme, oregano, and bay leaf. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Select saute, then add a drizzle of oil and minced onion. It doesnt reach the required heat quickly enough to kill bacteria. Your email address will not be published. You will NOT be disappointed!!! Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker set on HIGH heat. 3. Easy slow cooker taco meat recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Who doesn't love free stuff? This super easy, 3 ingredient crockpot taco meat is great for an easy dinner. Hmmm youd probably want to brown the meat first, then put the browned meat in for a bit with the tomatoes/seasonings and cook for a bit that way. Now that youre here, stay a bit, browse a few recipes, and lets get cookin! 2. Make homemade taco bowls. An uncommon but healthy choice would be quinoa. Homesteading | Self Sufficient Living | Living off the Land, 76 Comments | Jill Winger | Last Updated: December 22, 2021, to give you a whole new appreciation for easy meals. Will be my go to mealeach week! When I make these again, I will try adding some corn and black beans. Place beef, enchilada sauce, onion, rotel, garlic, beans, corn and taco seasoning in the crock pot. BUT, there are two main reasons why I love to cook my taco meat in the slow cooker. To make tacos, you'll need taco shells, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, diced onion, chopped cilantro, and whatever else you love as taco toppings! Pour the salsa on top and sprinkle with the taco seasoning mix. Steps. Ive seen some recipes that call for 1/4 cup per pound of meat. Plus, the meat is so flavorful and tender from being in the crockpot all day! Sure! Hi, Im Carrie. Crock Pot Tacos Shredded Beef - Mom's Cravings . It is so simple and easy. Drain. Crockpot Beef Tacos (Instant Pot directions) - The Chunky Chef Taco seasoning, tomato paste, garlic salt, and water are all it takes to take your ground beef from basic to extraordinary! We respect your privacy. Cook ground beef in 2 batches. Cook for 2-4 hours on HIGH until the meat is completely brown. Home | Recipe by Cooking Method | Slow Cooker Recipes | Easy Crockpot Taco Meat Recipe. This is hands down the BEST way to cook taco meat! It makes so much youll have enough meat for a few nights! Drain excess grease, if necessary. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links. 1. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Smiles all around. This needs to happen for our next Taco Tuesday! Hey Amanda, This recipe is fantastic!! This Mexican ground beef is full of taco seasoning, salsa, onions, garlic. When you need a BIG batch of seasoned ground beef, this 3-ingredient Crock Pot Taco Meat recipe is your roadmap to an effortless Mexican meal. onion, salt, garlic cloves, olive oil, ground beef, cumin, paprika and 4 more. Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir and walk away. Save hours in the kitchen every week and reclaim precious family time without blowing your budget. Microwave in microwavable container 2 to 3 minutes on High or until steaming before adding to recipes that call for hot ground beef. Drain any excess fat. >>. Then, place the trivet in the pot and add the ground beef on top of the trivet. What would be the cooking time on high for defrosted beef? Adjust the spice level- By adding more or less chipotle peppers. Guided. I did it again this year it works, although I think the yield is slightly less than the conventional method. Place ground beef into slow cooker. Make your own homemade version from scratch by mixing together these ingredients: This will last in a sealed jar for up to 3 months at room temperature. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This is an easy beef and bean burrito recipe made with ground beef and refried beans, along with enchilada sauce, onions, and . These are the ultimate slow cooker ground beef tacos! Use as a topping- On flatbread or pizzas. I cook every single night and have NEVER before reviewed a recipe. Yes, ground turkey would be delicious in this recipe. Use a spoon to break up the taco meat in the slow cooker and serve. Add your favorite toppings and guacamole on the side and your family will love you! Yum! I tried this the other day and it was SOOO good!! It comes out very tender, but can by a touch drier, so you can stir in a little taco sauce or picante sauce before serving. Stir the mixture around to coat most of the meat. I would love to try tonight but only have 85% lean. fresh cilantro, cheddar cheese, flour tortillas, pork sirloin roast and 2 more. (We use homemade taco seasoning.). The addition of potatoes makes this a hearty dish the whole family will love! The beef is seasoned with a homemade taco seasoning but you can use store bought. I like it. All rights reserved. The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. This is a super simple and utterly delicious meal, a real crowd pleaser! Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. So good. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. CrockPotLadies.com Crock-Pot Ladies is in no way associated with the Rival Crock-Pot brand of slow cookers. Secure the lid. If there is extra liquid take cover off during the last 15-20 minutes cook without cover to cook off extra liquid. Spoon the meat from the slow-cooker, with a slotted spoon, into a large paper towel-lined bowl. If i decide to use water over salsa. Thanks for sharing! Cover with salsa. bag (12 oz) frozen chopped onions, thawed, packet (1 oz) Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix, cups shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend (8 oz). It can be helpful to stir once, breaking up any big pieces that mightve reformed together, but this isnt 100% necessary. Lucky for you, easy-to-make ground beef recipes give you all the savory meaty flavors that you crave on the cheap! CROCKPOT TACO MEAT // GROUND BEEF TACO - YouTube This love for tacos defies generational, geographic, and societal boundaries. I made a lb. You can swap in ground chicken or turkey. Yes! Recipe For Pinto Beans Ground Beef And Sausage - How to Cook Pinto Canned veggies or beans can be added, just be sure to drain them very well first. After you start making this slow cooker taco meat, enjoy cooking up some of these delicious add-ons for your tacos: Cook for 2-4 hourson HIGH until the meat is completely brown. Cover with salsa. How to make Taco Soup in the Crock Pot. Checking it once or twice to give it a stir and to break up the meat. Directions. Break the ground chuck apart and mix well. Thank you, I was curious if it worked well with chicken. Required fields are marked *. Did the potatoes grow on top of the soil too? I'd like to receive the free email course. They allow you to cook with little to no cleanup. If not using within 3 days, transfer to freezer bags and freeze up to 3 months. Copyright 2023 The Prairie Homestead All rights reserved Site Design by Emily White Designs, Season 11: Episode 14: My Long Road Back to Whole Wheat Flours. However we really love them!About | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Comment Policy | Disclosure Policy | Advertising. I'll wait With THIS recipe, versatility and simplicity are the name of the game. Cook for 2-4 hours on HIGH until the meat is completely brown. Crock Pot Taco Meat - Julie's Eats & Treats Reheat From thawed, in the microwave or on the stovetop. Looking for true 100% slow cooking meals. We're living in a hotel for 5-Minute Crock-Pot Burritos Pork. Enter your best email for instant access! Yes, I have that recipe here https://www.eatingonadime.com/ground-beef-tacos/. 1. I will probably never cook taco meat on the stove again lol. I Made It. Use a quick release. Mix the ingredients for the taco seasoning in a small bowl. Yes. In a heavy bottomed skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the beef in a single layer. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on how many people you are serving! 18 Unique Corned Beef Recipes - Brit + Co Once ground beef is fully cooked, place in a bowl and cool in the refrigerator. Take out these days is not that fast and costs a small fortune. You can sub 3 cups diced fresh onions for the frozen onions. Instructions. To use Packaged seasonings, see recipe notes. Make it a salad Serve the beef over a salad instead of tortillas. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I am so happy you are here! 2. Yes. Sprinkle 2 rounded tablespoons (1 full recipe) of Homemade Taco Seasoning. It truly is perfect for any parties you might have. We recommend scooping out the taco meat with a slotted spoon so that any melted fat or excess salsa juice can be discarded before reusing the slow cooker. Cover and cook until done, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking. I'm Amanda. This one is fantastic. Cover and cook on high heat for 2 hours or until the meat no longer has the pink color in the middle. Im notorious for forgetting to defrost. Ground beef has to be cooked before it is added to the rest of your taco meat ingredients. Reduce heat to the WARM setting to keep the meat warm for serving. Divide into 4 portions. Stir and serve over taco shells or in a salad. Place the ground beef in the crock pot, and use a wooden spoon or spatula to break it up into smaller pieces. Cover and cook for 3 -4 hours on high until no longer pink. Cook on low for 3 hours. Yes it sure does! Pour the salsa on top and sprinkle with the taco seasoning mix. If youve read my bean canning tutorial, then you know how much I struggle with the whole concept of defrosting. It is now my go to recipe for taco meat. Cover and cook 2 -4 hours on low stirring once in the middle of the cook time to break up the meat. Hi I have 80/20 ground beef but the weight is 1.77 its almost 2 pounds can i still use the same measurements in the recipe for 2 pounds Transform your kitchen into a farm style kitchen no matter where you live with my Heritage Cooking Handbook! Dont have a slow cooker? Your email address will not be published. The next time youre wanting a fabulous Taco Tuesday, give these Crockpot Ground Beef Tacos a try! Amazing! Its a hit with everyone! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Recipe developer. Because she hadnt answered you on the SAME DAY, you leave her 2 stars? Not only does your slow cooker make family dinner time a breeze but it is also great for parties or large crowds. Its not recommended by any govt agencies to use frozen meat in a crock pot. Same with reheating leftovers in a crock pot. Just tweak this simple and flavorful meal to fit any palate; spicy, mild, vegetarian, carnivore - no matter what your preference, consider it covered. You can use parsley if you dont have cilantro on hand but its just not the same. In a crockpot, add the cooked ground beef, drained pinto beans, drained corn, and the can of Rotel tomatoes and taco seasoning. I use it specifically with our venison burger and its awesome! I love the flavor of homemade, but if youre in a rush or dont have all the spices on hand packets come in handy! Everything gets tossed in the slow cooker for an amazing meal. You dont have to. Tried it again with gr sirloin and it was perfect. Have a question? How To Make Easy Frito Taco Salad - Kimspired DIY Welcome to The Lazy Slow Cooker.