I really like these letters, theyre really helpful for presents and personalizing projects. The pattern includes row by row written Crochet Bobble Blanket C2c Crochet Pattern Free Crochet Square Patterns Crochet Stitches Patterns Knit Or Crochet Turn. I used these cute letters on a pillow for my nephew and his fiance for their wedding shower. These are the last stitches worked on the cross bar. Or, you can make a blanket out of someones initials or even spell a name or word. The border "ruffles" when you are crocheting extra stitches into each blanket stitch because there is no room for your border stitches to spread out. Keep reading to learn simple ways to stitch crochet letters on blankets. They will work great to fancy up your t-shirts, jeans, sweaters, hats, and other items of this kind along with giving a personal touch. I finally just worked something out. Klik HIER voor de Nederlandse vertaling van de Moogly Alfabet, met dank aan Elke Wellens! (3 sts, 9 ch), Row 13: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in remaining 7 ch and each st. Yikes, sorry about that, it should have stayed lined up! Those are some big letters! I cant wait to get these done. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. It is very helpful Do you have plans for a left handed set of letters and numbers. This letter crochet pattern includes all 26 letters of the alphabet with round by round instructions and charts too!You can create this pattern using a material of your choice. MAKE IT 2. I just came across this site LOVE IT! I am not taking any credit for your designs I just want to be able to show the people who read my blog where I get my patterns from . Row 24 27: Repeat Rows 2 3. Not anything someone couldnt figure out easily but just something I noticed . I might have to add lower case to the list! Yes. Do you have any plans to create any? Use any yarn for the alphabet, and the size 10 crochet thread will rock for the shamrock. At this point there should be 4 remaining sts on the right upright of the A, so sc in each of those and youre done. Once finished the blanket pieces are blocked and steamed and sewn together using the mattress stitch. Ch 1, sc in the side of the dc from Round 10, hdc and dc in the side of the dc from Round 9. Ive finished crocheting a baby blanket for my friend and just trying to add the baby name initials to make it more unique. I am not doing anything bad I just want to show people where to go to get a great pattern. Hello! A fun letter crochet project. I think it could be done using several strands of yarn held together and a great big hook would get you close! Was hoping to start a new feature on my BlogSpot to show off the best sites for crochet knitting and general crafts and wanted to write about your site as it is really useful and accessible. Here we will take a look at 5 ways to add letters to your blankets so that you can make your piece extra special. In each corner you will work a (sc-ch 2-sc) and in the side of each square you will make two sc. (10 sts) Break yarn and finish off. Crochet these alphabets for educational purposes of your kids too. Details here ravelry, Image these crochet letter blocks hanging in the kids bedroom, spelling out the kids names. You can always hide it on the topside as well and give the lettering an added dimension on the blanket front. These are AWESOME!!!! Thank you Stella! Theres a walk-through there that might help. (23 sts) Break yarn and finish off. Row 11: Ch 1, sc in each st. (3 sts) Break yarn and finish off. Hi Tamara. Turn. (5 sc, 1 sl st), Row 8: Ch 1, skip the sl st, sl st in each of the 5 sts across. Only map out the section of the blanket where you want to add letters. These applique letters are great for the Perfect Party Pennant Garland, but they have unlimited uses. Row 15 17: Repeat Row 2. Turn. , i seem to be having trouble with the a the end of row three and row four is not working out for me is any one else having trouble or is it just me missing something. Did you read the comments before yours? I think the easiest way might be to break the yarn after Row 3, and rejoin it to the third-to-last stitch to make the _ of the L! Sc2tog over next 3 sts, skipping the center st. Sc in the next 5 sts, leaving remaining sts unworked. any advice would be a big help. Kids will love to put these letters together for spelling out the names of things and even some easy math questions. Im glad the chart helped. Love your patterns. yes but when printer started printing i saw the craziness and didnt want ink wasted so i kept going. You may sell items made from this pattern, but please include a link to www.mooglyblog.com on the online listing, or on the sale tag if selling at a craft fair, storefront, or other in person sales. Ok, so youve got the left upright side of the A and the right upright side, and the cross bar that connects them horizontally. What is the finish size for the letters?Thanks. You can crochet along to the pixel graph or follow the written instructions. Yo and pull through again to complete the sc2tog. Keep in mind that the yarn should stay on the backside of your blanket. Get the Pattern by Change Path Crochet here 2. Free Crochet Blanket Patterns Free Crochet Doily Patterns Free Crochet Food Patterns Halloween Crochet Rugs Home Crochet Motifs and Apliques Crochet Alphabet Chart Diagram A to Z Crochet Alphabet Chart Diagram A to Z November 8, 2014Crochet Motifs and Apliques Crochet alphabet chart diagram from A to Z: Latest Comments Barb TieyahJanuary 23, 2017 Thank you for your fab alphabetand loads of other wonderful woolly wonders Tamara! However, if the letter will take up a 18 by 18in (46 by 46cm) space, then this may take several hours to complete. (3 sts), Row 7: Ch 1, sc in the 1st st, hdc in the next st, dc in the last st. My best guess would be you skipped a row of sc sts which would send the curve off in the opposite direction! Ok, so in Rows 1-8 youve made one vertical side of the H and the horizontal crossbar that will connect it to the other side of the H. Row 9 begins the first row of the second vertical crossbar. Details here repeatcrafterme, Crochet these stuffed letters in the rainbow colors and put them on a mantle or shelf as a worthy and colorful type of decor. Try putting a stitch marker in the first and last st of each row, perhaps that will help? . Crochet Letters Pattern | Crochet Letters on Blanket | Letters Graph I had to wait until I had no distractions so I could make sure I was doing the correct repeats. (Rena19) Personalizing your crochet blankets with a name or initials can take your project to the next level. Im making a thank you garland for a friend. Thanks for all your posts and patterns! ~Maggie (TugboatYarning.com). (16 sc, 4 ch) (Note this ch 4 starts the horizontal cross bar of the A. i have been trying for so long to find the letters ty so much for sharing them im sure was alot of work just wriying these up .very much appreciated ty so much again. Your patterns are giving me a lot of practise though! (3 sts), Row 17: Ch 1, sc in the 1st st, hdc in the next st, dc in the last st. (3 sts). http://the-aimee-way.blogspot.com/2013/04/crochet-toys.html. (3 sts). Use thread and a steel hook for tiny crochet alphabet! Okay, now that all of your Letter Squares are ready (yay! a number or whatever letters you want inside the space between two bunny parts. again . For the letter W, see the instructions for the letter M, and turn it upside down when finished! Are you working on numbers next ? Ive done the letter C so far, but it didnt turn out the way that the diagram showed, but it could be something that I am doing wrong. Crocheting a name or initials into your project makes for an A+ gift, as does stitching an entire phrase or line from their favorite movie or poem. Hi Divya! The instructions for each letter are beneath the photo for that letter. Attach your white yarn to the side of your blanket. (27 sts), Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first 12 sts. They will make a great name letter initial applique for your t-shirts, jeans, sweaters, hats, and other crochet fashion. I have several stitching tutorials, but what sort of guidance are you looking for? How to Crochet Letters Into a Blanket - BrightBeeCraft.com Note 4: If the first square is shorter than 8" (20cm), add an additional row of single crochet. Jus a note to say thank u for the pattern to this alphabet. visit my site here too, Need to know how to sew crochet letters on an afghan. It may seem a little spread out in the middle, but sewing it down as you want it to lay helps. Love your patterns. Ok, at the end of Row 11 you essentially have a P. So to make that bottom bump, youre moving around to the bottom of the top bump. Crochet Patterns For A Blanket | Knitting & Crocheting (3 sts), Row 27 30: Repeat Rows 2 3. (3 sts), Row 6: Ch 1, sc in each st, ch 6. Are you planning on doing a lower case letter set? (3 sts), Row 5: Ch 1, sc in the 1st st, hdc in the next st, dc in the last st. You are all free to use any worsted weight cotton yarn to crochet this moogly alphabet set. Starting in the 2 nd chain from the hook, sc 12 across the chain. CAME ACROSS THE NUMBERS WHILE CHECKING THE SITE. . Elle has been part of the Crochet News team since 2019 and her love of crocheting shines through in the beautiful and unique patterns that she shares with our community. (3 sts). pattern for the entire alphabet. Hi Tamara, these letters are amazing! (15 sts) Break yarn and finish off.. (25 sts), Row 3: Ch 1, sc in the first 11 sts. (9 sc, 6 FSC). 15 Free Crochet Letters Patterns | How to Crochet Alphabet crochet letters | Crazy, Cute, and Crafty If you only do it twice, then move on the curve starts to go the opposite direction when you move intp repeating row 7 & 6 for row 13 & 14. Hi Wendy! Crochet Letters on Blanket Blankets are adorable baby stuff and colorful alphabets crocheted on them can make them more delightful for the little smiling faces. Im so glad they were easy for you to follow! I have only been crocheting since December but I made the a and it was easy. Then, use a combination of regular and surface crocheting techniques to add letters to your blanket. Crochet Letters in a Blanket Wonder How To Both photo tutorial and written instructions are included for each letter. 3D Crochet Alphabet Pattern by Vliegende Hollander These are fabulous! Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. I think the easiest way to sew them on with a darning needle. It has a reverse stitch border so there is no curling and all you need is one skein of the Lion Brand Pound of Love yarn! These letters, made using the hook and yarn listed, were about 3 1/2 tall. Crochet for premature babies - nlr.suitecharme.it Cant wait to see the final result! Thanks so much, I really love the letters! Thanks for any help you can provide!!! You can add letters for initials, spell out a name or message, or just add ABC for a cute addition to a baby blanket! Turn. Crochet any yarn weight with a matching crochet hook and get these alphabets made quickly. Dear crocheters! (15 sts), Row 18: Ch 1, sc in each st. Turn. Have a new grand-baby on the way and I wanted to use initials on a couple of hats and blankets. Enjoy! This starts the bottom curve of the B. Pull the end through the loop, making sure it's tight enough to be secure, and then using a yarn needle or your hook (I use my hook because I don't have a yarn needle) weave the ends back through the work! Sorry youre having trouble mjmb! Mihir Blanket Crochet pattern by Arunima Goel | LoveCrafts Have you looked at the chart? My completed blanket measures approximately 38 inches wide and 67 inches long. Im having a hard time with row 12 on the B though. 2. Thanks! Filet Crochet 5. (3 sts), Row 5 6: Ch 1, sc in each st. Did you use the Print Friendly button at the bottom? A bigger blanket requires more balls, and so does adding more color. So many letters, some easy, some a challenge, but all fun! Turn. Sc in the 2nd ch from hook, sc in remaining 2 ch. And it came out great , Thank you for a grate pattern Row 17: Repeat Row 2. (9 sc, 6 FSC). Row 1: Ch 4, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in remaining 2 ch. Do I still chain 2? (3 sts). If you never tried to crochet corner to corner (C2C) before, use this beginner photo tutorial with video HERE. Ch 4, turn. (15 sts) Break yarn and finish off. Let me know if youre still having trouble! Thank you. Im just sharing the links. Explore this collection of 15 free crochet lettering patterns that will cover all the hacks and tricks to crochet all alphabets A-Z and all numbers 0-9. Iam doing a baby blanket and would like the initials SD. (3 sts), Row 8: Ch 2, dc in the first st, hdc in the next st, sc in the last st. Row 11 15: Ch 1, sc in each st. Does that help at all? (15 sts), Row 3: Ch 1, sc in the first 8 sts, leaving remaining sts unworked. Its not pretty, but hopefully it helps! Turn. Sorry about that. Good luck!! Do you also love the trend of having large 3D letter decorations in your house? Its in greek! Crochet letters with or without serifs will work up super quickly. These are terrific! Hi I am doing a yarn bomb for Christmas and was looking for an alphabet to be able to make merry christimas out of, how easy do you think this would be to make larger? Crochet worsted weight yarns of choice while working with an H hook to stitch these 6 letter blocks excluding border. As my last comment was deleted and I have not idea why? Free crochet pattern: Alphabet Squares - Knit-a-square Turn. Put them together on a shelf as words of inspiration or hang them as cute kids names and also put them together to make crochet block letters for the kids nurseries. Make a chart and identify where you want the letters to go before you get started. Row 1: Ch 16, sc in 2nd ch from hook and remaining ch. Im going to give them as gifts for first birthdays! you know what?i have tried them to make within the couple of week!..but I knowu are genius!..I love u an your tutorials!..! I hope to get the charts up soon as they arent in English I hope it will help faster. Maybe the Theta from here https://www.mooglyblog.com/crochet-greek-alphabet-part-1/ or the Omicron here: https://www.mooglyblog.com/crochet-greek-alphabet-part-2/ . As the name hints, craftsy isn't just for crochet lovers. the A was fun but the video is pretty good and after you watch it the directions make sense. They are at least in order I hope? Thanks so much, Hi Shonalee! The exact placement of the sts doesnt matter so much as that theyre about stitch width apart. thanks for your charts help!.& they are written in so clear words!..so no problem!..actually i am Saudi!..i have a little problem in understanding English!THANK YOU for the help!still watching your tutorials! (3 sts) Break yarn and finish off. Thank you. Turn. Row 1: Ch 4, sc in the 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in last ch. R. I dont know why its half the size, but a decrease right in the middle is the trick! It is simplest if the blanket base is a single crochet stitch. What can you advice? Ah, yes! Because my whole family has an A in every name lol. Row 6: Ch 1, 2 sc in the 1st st, sc in the next 3 sts. Im not sure what part you mean by join? Thank you! Using this letter crochet pattern, you can create the entire alphabet!Of course, you can combine letters to make words like love or home, which would look lovely as a decoration in your house! Row 7 reads Row 7: Ch 10, sc in the 2nd ch from hook and remaining 8 ch, sc in each sc from Row 6, ch 10. It is important to identify the distance between the edges of the blanket and the borders of the letters, or you might end up with letters that are off center or not where you planned to add them. Turn. thanks. Is there a link to how to attach the letters to things (like crochet blankets)? The O is pretty straightforward and repetitive, so it didnt get one. Watch the video below to learn how to bobble stitch letters. Depending on how large you are making the letters, this may be quick or something you will want to break into a few sessions. I had to sit and ponder this one to come up with the answer! (3 sts), Row 2 5: Ch 1, sc in ea st. Explore all 100+ of our homemade free crochet blanket patterns. From simple to complex projects, youll surely find something to crochet next! hi, love your alphabet. Row 29 32: Repeat Rows 13 14. Thank you so much for these patterns! Just follow us, and learn the beginning of crochet! Crochet something truly meaningful for you and your child. Im going to bookmark these for later use , I just wanted to let you know how much I love your site. Crochet Animal Alphabet Afghan - Repeat Crafter Me Hope you like it. This amazing pattern is used to write a name and decor a room. Could it be the missing Row 7? Thank you! I will keep working on it thanks. Im going to show you the method that I used. Once the stencils laid, you can count the stitches on the sides of each letter and blanket edges. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Perfect for your baby or toddler to learn all the numbers and letters and make fun combinations.The set exists out of six blocks, featuring the numbers 0 through 9 and all the letters of the English alphabet. I provide instructions for working from the bottom right corner to the top left and from the bottom left to the top right. YEA!!!!!!!!!! If the fabric you are sewing it to is thick enough, you can sew just through the top layer of the fabric, so that it doesnt show. The content may contain affiliate links of third-party authorities and Lovable Loops is not responsible once you leave this blog. If youre able to help me itd be greatly appreciated! In this fun and creative guide, you'll learn how to use your hook to make smooth blanket stitches, cabled ribbons, openwork laces, and more. Ch 1, 2 sc in the 1st st, sc in the next 3 sts. So, these 15 free Crochet Letters pattern will make an ideal choice for every of your home and party decoration plans. Love this! Get the Pattern by Avondale Patterns here. (5 sl st), Row 5: Ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in remaining 4 ch, sl st in next unworked st of Row 3. Any tips for resizing them for a smaller letter? How Long Does it Take to Crochet a Blanket? Without chaining, sc in the top of the sc2tog that you just made, and the 3 sc sts of the cross bar. All I can recommend is comparing the printed version to the online version and marking each set of instructions as its letter. (11 sts total) Break yarn and finish off. I decided that I wanted to have a thin border around each square. These are great! Then, youll want to extend this row for the bottom half of the vertical bar with 6 foundation single crochet (fsc) stitches. You are a LIFESAVER! If I double the length what stitches would I need to sc2tog in? (3 sts), Row 11: Ch 1, sc in each st. Thanks so much! Is anyone else having trouble understanding the directions for row 4 of the letter K? . You do not need to map out the entire blanket on the graph paper. I was also having trouble with the A.I did it like 4 times and finally gave up but I couldnt five up forever. At the end of Row 32, do not turn. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. For example, if you want to stitch a thick letter H onto a blanket, you would need to crochet down 1 row, then back up another row, and possibly even down a third row for each side of the H. I love these!! Turn. Row 7: Rejoin yarn with a sl st to the 8th (last) st of Row 3. I have been so stressed trying to find a really good FREE (yea!) Thank you, The part that is diagonal? &? Could you may explain to me what would be the best route to doing that row right? Basically, in row 3, you sc in the first 8 sts and leave 7 sts unworked. cant wait to pair the initials with the crochet bib patterns you listed a couple of weeks ago! (16 sc, 4 ch). Have a look http://vladiashandmade.blogspot.sk/2014/10/halloween-decoration-2014.html. Not only do I think each square would look nicer, it will also make it easier to sew the squares together (youll just match up the stitches!) Sc2tog, working into the last st of the last sc2tog and the next unworked st. Sc in the remaining 4 unworked sts from Row 2. (3 sts), Row 8: Ch 2, dc in the 1st st, hdc in the 2nd st, sc in the last st. If you dont see them above, then not at this time. Can you tell me what the problem is? Turn. Do I chain those 6 and do the same as the same as for the ch 7?? If youre making a lacy project, you also want lacy letters. Turn. Dear Tamara, Turn. Hi there! I dont have any symbols made up currently, but I could maybe whip that one up. I am having trouble with the letter R. When I looked at row 18 I got so confused. I have a video tutorial on how to do this here: https://www.mooglyblog.com/extending-rows-fsc/ And thats it for Row 9. Have fun with these crochet letters - as appliques to embellish your cloths, bags, jeans, and why not your converse chucks? Tapestry Crochet 1. SC + Chain 1, skip a stitch, SC + Chain 1 next, repeat around. I am soo sorry Thank you so much for sharing this article Our site was created to promote outstanding authors and their work. Sc2tog over the next 3 sts, skipping the center st. Sc in the remaining 9 sts. Now I found your wonderful blog with these awesome letters, so I can finally fulfill his request. Do not turn. Surface slip stitches or lengths of chain are another great way to add words to those WIPs. Row 6: Ch 1, sc in each of the 7 sts, then sc in remaining 6 sts of Row 2. 100 + Free Crochet Blanket Patterns - EasyCrochet.com From question mark to dots to ampersand, you will get the free patterns for all uppercase and lower case punctuation. Its fine! Xx. Sorry for the trouble Rita, I hope to add the rest of the charts as time allows! Row 8 15: Repeat Rows 6 7 four times. The additional instructions helped plus a good nights sleep Baby's ABC's Baby Afghan Crochet Pattern - Free Crochet Pattern Turn. Wow! (5 sts), Row 7: Ch 1, sc in each st, sl st in next unworked st of Row 3. Row 11 17: Repeat Rows 4 10 on opposite side. Turn. Ch 4, turn. My 2nd comment is a ?. The G hook will be the right choice for this letter pattern. Sc2tog over next 3 sts, skipping the center st. Sc in remaining 11 sts. Would love love love lower case if you get around to it. (3 sts). Does that help? Round 2: With green yarn, SC + Chain 1 in each chain 1 space all the way around. This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Row 4: Ch 1, skip the first st, sc in the next st, 2 sc in the next st. March 15, 2013 by Tamara Kelly 303 Comments. I just wanted to add: if ever you wanted to create a PDF version of each of the letters, I would happily purchase the file!