Walk 16: Three Cliffs Bay, The Gower Circular: Cerdded o gwmpas Y Gyr, Walk 17: St Davids Circular: A Pembrokeshire Pilgrimage from the UKs smallest city, Walk 18: Greenwich: From the London Eye on a Fast Boat, Walk 19: Aberdeen City Circular Walk: Any port in a storm, Walk 20: Cardiff City Circular Walk: Sittin on the Dock of the Bay, Walk 21: Penarth to Lavernock Point Linear Walk: Can You Hear MeYes Loud & Clear, Walk 22: Bath City Walk: Bathing with your Beau, Walk 23: Pisa City Walk: A leaning towards piazzas & pizzas, Walk 24: Antrim Town Walk: Irish eyes are smiling. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. It took us about 2.45h the whole circle and next time we are on bikes definitely!! I just had a look and the Forest of Bere looks great, will pay a visit if were ever around there . Walk 2: Dorchester Circular Walk: Far from the Maddening Crowd, Walk 3: Lincoln City Circular Walk: Back to our birthplace, Walk 4: Bedford Circular Walk: Tales from the riverbank, Walk 7: Cambridge City Centre Circular Walk: Colleges & Culture, Walk 8: Blickling Estate, Norfolk Circular Walk: Its bootiful, Walk 9: Newmarket Town Circular Walk: An early morning Gallop, Walk 10: Flatford Mill: Its a picture (youve seen before), Walk 11: Colchester Town Circular Walk: Romaning around, Walk 12: Lavenham Town Walk: Its all a bit Wonky, Walk 13: Odell Circular: Take it on.The 7 Churches Challenge. Three of these circular walks are based in the beautiful Northamptonshire countryside. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. It's so beautiful. We had a dog with us too, and it was fine, except we have to carry the dog over some gates, luckily we only had a medium sized dog. Walk 42: Galway City Centre: What a city! Thats quite spooky! Dave , Come & visit our beautiful, unknown County, What a fabulous fun group today on one of my favourite #northamptonshirewalks So much history & beautiful villages #northamptonshire https://northamptonshirewalks.co.uk/about/walk-58-off-with-her-head-fotheringhay/. The Loudoun County Visitor InformationCenter. W&OD Trail hours are from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., from Shirlington in Arlington County, all the way to the western town limit of Herndon in Fairfax County. The Butchers Arms is fabulous for a pit-stop at the end or even start of your walking adventure. Some of the highlights of the walk is a section along the Grand Union Canal, near Gayton, a visit to the Salcey Forest and a path through Sywell Country Park. Nowyouve given me a deadline so Id better crack on & finish it for you . Sarah #OutdoorBloggers, OMG! I love Summer Leys, its a little gem just on the outskirts of Wellingborough. This is a simple circular route around the Northampton Washlands Flood Storage Reservoir via the Nene Vally Way. Walk 72: Earls Barton Circular: Tea & Kinky Boots Vicar? ), Walk 140: Barton Seagrave & Wicksteed Park, Walk 141: Little Harrowden & Hardwick Circular Walk, Walk 142: Ringstead & Denford Circular Walk, Walk 143: Bulwick Circular Walk: A pickled village & a Tea Pot Monument in Red Kite Country, Walk 144: Annie & Ninas Cotton End, Northampton Circular Walk, Walk 147: Little Irchester & Wellingborough Circular, Walk 148: Brackmills Country Park (1) The Hard Path Short Circuit, Walk 149: Brackmills Woods Country Park (2): The Alpine Perimeter Circular Walk, Walk 150: St Crispins, Marina Park & Old Duston Circular Walk, Walk 152: Quinton, Preston Deanery, Wootton, & Grange Park Circular, Walk 153: Northamptons Riverside Meadows Circular Walk, Walk 155: Collingtree, Milton Malser, Blisworth & Courteenhall Circular, Walk 156: Chelveston Circulara short walk around an old airfield with big sky views, Walk 160: Quinton, Piddington, Horton & Hackleton Circular, Walk 161: Roade Cosgrove Circular: canals, fields & a ford, Walk 162: Lowick Circular including the Drayton Estate, Walk 165: Harpole, Harlestone & Nobottle Circular, Walk 166: Eydon Circularstunning scenery & just the sound of the birds, Walk 170: Tiffield, Shutlanger, Alderton, Heathencote, Towcester & Caldecote Circular, Walk 171: Alderton, Grafton Regis, Pury End & Paulerspury Circular, Walk 172: Wollaston Saxbys Cider Circular, Walk 175: Thorpe Mandeville & Thenford Circular, Walk 176: Middleton Cheney, Chacombe, Overthorpe & Warkworth Circular, Walk 177: Cottingham, East Carlton, Wilbarston & Stoke Albany Circular, Walk 179: Great Oakley, Newton, Geddington Circular, Walk 180: Stanion, Geddington Chase & Brigstock Circular, Walk 182: Barnwella short, yet beautiful stroll, Walk 183: Hinton in the Hedges circular walk, Walk 185: Stanwick Lakes: Hidden Gems Sculpture Trail, Walk 186: Stanwick Lakes: Nature Ramble Trail, Walk 188: Hunsbury Pocket Parks & Bluebell Walk, Walk 194: Creaton: The one with the Wild Flower Field Circular, Walk 196: Greens Norton, Bradden & Blakesley Circular. They are open 7 days a week, including today from 12:00PM to 11:59PM seeing walk-in patients with non-emergent healthcare conditions. Another circular walk which passes through north and east Northamptonshire is the Uppingham Round. The Northampton Washlands and Great Houghton Circular, Great Houghton and Brackmills Country Park Circular. if (x.type === 'password') { Walk 9: Oundle Water Meadows Circular: Wonderful water, wildlife & willows, Walk 10: Stoke Bruerne Circular: A lovely walk for all the family around Northamptonshires jewel in the canal network, Walk 11: Salcey Forest Circular: We followed an Elephant looking for an Owl but saw neither today, Walk 12: Abthorpe Circular: Picturesque South Northamptonshire villages (1) in the Tove valley, Walk 13: Weston Circular: Picturesque South Northamptonshire villages (2) in the Tove valley, Walk 14: Bugbrooke Circular: Back to the flats of the canals, but with fantastic views over our beautiful county, Walk 15: Northampton: A brief walk around the historic town centre, Walk 16: Wellingborough town centre heritage trail, Walk 17: Thrapston & Titchmarsh Nature Reserves Circular: A twitchers paradise, Walk 18: Stony Stratford Circular: Crossing the border twice.a walk in the Great Ouse valley, Walk 20: The Bramptons & the Brampton Valley Way Circular, Walk 21: Harringworth Circular: Wonderful structures & wildlife in the Welland Valley, Walk 22: Summer Leys Circular: What a beautiful little nature reserve, Walk 23: Towcester town centre: A short walk back in history, Walk 24: Rothwell town centrethe place of the red well. Walk 167: West Burton in the Yorkshire Dales. Walk no100 Arbury Hill from Badby The highest point in Northamptonshire Vital Statistics: Route Summary: Badby - Arbury Hill - Upper Catesby - Longridge Farm - Staverton Lodge - Badby. Walk 25: Abington Park, Northampton: Ever walked in one of the UKs top 5 parks? While you can horseback ride it in sections, its best for cycling or hiking, particularly the flat stretch betweenHamiltonandPurcellville, beautiful farm fields all around. The paths are pushchair/wheelchair accessible all year round, plus parking is cheaper Nov-Feb! Part of the NOVA Parks system, this park and reservoir sprawls across 600 acres with a winding six-mile circular trail along its shore and through dense woodland. Customize Map data OpenStreetMap contributors 2 Were always visiting our old favorites in the Columbia River gorge in Oregon. This is an outstanding circular route that visits Castle Ashby and the surrounding scenic countryside. Thank you. x.type = 'text'; Impossible stiles, have to lift dogs over and a lot of sheep, Well signposted easy to follow route On the other side of Route 7, above Round Hill, the trail leads you down the mountain along a set of stones that form a natural staircase leading to the Blackburn Trail Center log cabins. Late evening view looking towards the village of Braunston. Looking forward to the next one. Quiet, peaceful, lots of wildlife a great little walk! Great trail, bit muddy in places but overall it was great. If you need any help just shout. Walk 118: Lamport Circular Walk: Spot the mushroom! The next highest ascent for walking trails is Swans Way with 2,887 ft of elevation gain. Walk 63: Newcastle City Walk: Waeaye man! Suitable for all skill levels. Its like starting a new hobby! According to AllTrails.com, the longest walking trail in Northamptonshire is Nene Way. Explore the most popular walking trails in Northamptonshire with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you. Make your way to Bears Den off Route 7 in the Blue Ridge Mountains above Bluemont and hike the short but strenuous Loudoun stretch of the Appalachian Trail known as Virginias Rollercoaster. Hikers have enjoyed these hidden gems for years, however, those new to the past time may not be aware of the stunning trails. Probably the best-known trail in the county, this 45-mile park the narrowest in Virginia runs fromSterlingin the east toPurcellvilleout west on the bed of the Washington & Old Dominion Railroad. Get an Explorer OS MAP for the area: 234 - https://amzn.to/2TPsUbCGet a walking guide for Northamptonshire: https://amzn.to/3xMVxVFGet a walking guide for Br. Product Reviews/Gear Tests Outdoors 10 Delightful daffodil walks in Northants Outdoors 58 ultimate outdoor meet-ups 2 hours from Northants Outdoors Where can I take the kids during lockdown? Walk 90: Weedon Bec Village Walk: Did Napoleon leave a bomb? I am aware there have been some changes & am going out in the next couple of days to resolve. Its healthy to get out into the fresh airand Loudoun has plenty of parks and trails to give those hiking boots a good workout. Explore the most popular walking trails in Northamptonshire with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you. Lots of fields and uphill muddy pathways. It was 2 miles and my 4 year old son loved every minute. Am a walker, but new to this. !, Walk 116: Welford Reservoir Circular two hidden gems. Hi Marcus. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Get my newsletter and you'll never miss a thing, Family Friendly Elton-Fotheringhay Circuit, A Ride on the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway, http://www.ethannevelyn.com/beautiful-bluebells-birthday-girl/, Review: Merrell Moab FST Mid Gore-Tex Boots. Hi There Purcellville at the end of the line has a slate of vintage stores (Re-Love It;Nostalgia Boutique), ice cream parlors (Grutos Soft Serve;The Tipped Cow), artisanal bourbon (Catoctin Creek Distilling Company) and great restaurants, chief among them farm-to-fork favoriteMagnolias at the Milljust steps from the W&OD Trail. function myFunction() { Definitely, I totally agree! Outdoors What's on this week near you Outdoors 8 brilliant bike rides in Northants Outdoors Splash! At least half of it you'll be walking through fields, so it can get a but muddy, we went after it's been raining, so it was a little muddy but not too bad. Local caf Shoes Cup & Cork is filled with Leesburg history as it once served as everything from the Leesburg Post Office and first Leesburg telephone office to a new car show room and shoe shop. ), Walk 18: Four Spires: Broughton Great Cransley Thorpe Malsor Loddington Cransley Wood Broughton, Walk 20: Braybrooke & Arthingworth Circular, Walk 23: Annie & Ninas Cotton End, Northampton Circular Walk, Walk 24: Tinas Flore Circular via Brockhall, https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1IGGsmGJRvgEFIEmFgEEeNkNIlXi-QG_3&ll=52.274841645739635%2C-0.3698871457031183&z=9, What a fabulous fun group today on one of my favourite, History, death, beautiful watermills, a castle & Reg Dwight! Walk 141: Digbeth (Birmingham) Art Trail: Its a (Peaky) Blinder! Badby - Knightley Way - Badby Wood - Badby Down - Fawsley Hall - Everdon Hill - Everdon - Little Everdon - The Nene Way - River Nene - Newnham - Badby. If the farmer is concerned that people are travelling to Castle Ashby to walk, then Id recommend they take registration numbers & report the cars to the police. Hope you have a lovely walk. Make sure to stop by the cafe near the trailhead after your walk! This is a flat route suitable for all ages. Looking forward to this morning's Fotheringhay Group W, I love Kinewell Lake (pronounced Kin-E-Well) What a fab time our Group had this morning & it will be even better wh, Our first Group Walk of March 2023 & where better than Kinewell Lake (pronounced Kin - e -well). Easy to find and very pet friendly with some attractions for kids. Heres the link Ive been out & updated it all this afternoon. I love Badby Woods, its been a favourite of mine since I was a little girl. As much as we try to get away to different parts of our beautiful country, the truth is that the places we visit over and over again are a little closer to home. I live in Weedon but am willing to travel for nice walks and possibly meet new people. Walk 132: Cottesbrooke to Haselbech Hill Circular Walk The 'Needs to Know' Distance: 6.6 miles (10.65km) Time to walk: It took me just under 3 hours but I was stopping to take pictures & write notes Difficulty: A mixture of hard surfaces & field tracks. I am considering doing the Nene Way from West to East across Northants and I see you have done this. Castle Ashby Circular. The walking was easy on level or undulating ground. Explore this 4.1-mile loop trail near Northampton, Northamptonshire. i really think this walk in northamptonshire is a very good idea and folk who do it are keeping them selfs really fit goood on them. Youre in the suburbs but a world away. To inquire about a pavilion or field rental, use our. Spring also presents the first opportunity for groups of up to six, or two families, to meet up outdoors as the coronavirus lockdown eases. We have always enjoyed walking but find it a bit tiresome retracing our steps to get back to where we started. Godmanchester Nature Reserve 5. Discovered this today and a beautiful summers day and it is stunning. Just look for the heading The Nene Way & then the sections to date should drop down. x.type = 'password'; Castor Hanglands Nature Reserve 6. Went in drier weather, varied route with beautiful scenery ending with the castle - loved it! These places are best for scenic walking areas in Northamptonshire: The Stanwick Lakes to Rushden Lakes walk; Oxendon Tunnels; The Thrapston-Islip walk; Boddington Reservoir; Welford Wharf; See more scenic walking areas in Northamptonshire on Tripadvisor All good now. See more details & photos from this walk Get directions to the start of this walk Walk no104 Watford and The Jurassic Way from West Haddon Pleasant country walking Northamptonshire Walks, Walking Routes & Hiking Trails Map - Northamptonshire Walks that start in adjacent counties / areas. Quite a bit of tarmac and paths but lovely walk. Stay safe on the mountains with detailed weather forecasts - for iOS devices or for Android devices. The Nene Way walk is split into five sections, each with its own specific trail and route. } else { I cant wait to visit my parents in Normandy next year, such a great place for walking! Choose the Map tab to view the facilities near your location. Follow the signs at the beginning. Ive no idea where you are in the Country, but if youre in Northamptonshire join our FB Group, Okey dokey well join our FB Group where people are setting up lots of Covid walking groups. Not great if walking with dogs. Lovely walk from the Swan in Lamport this Evening, meeting a lovely group. Walks that start in adjacent counties or areas but cross the boundary and include sections of the route within Northamptonshire. Walk 125: Epping Forest circularDid we find the body? We are going to work through the walks, we started today with walk 103, the Harrington circular and what a lovely start, a beautiful circular walk with 2 pubs to pop into made for a perfect Sunday walk! Most of these walks are all on roads or hard surfaces, the longest are no further than a few miles and, being in villages, they of course have the benefit of some brilliant pubs to take some rest and refreshment at. Bears Den has spectacular views from high rocks of the Shenandoah Valley to the west, pine trees all around. What a great source of inspiration this site is! We really should explore our immediate environment more, no need to always travel super far.. #adventurecalling. It was a case of changed footpaths & new stiles. Walk 1: Londons East End Circular: In search of Jack the Ripper & the Twins!! Open except Tuesdays, 10am to 4pm. Thanks so much. Often called the skinniest park in Virginia, Washington & Old Dominion (W&OD) Railroad Regional Park is a paved trail between Shirlington and . Were really local to summer lees and stanwick, but definitely going to visit the other three for a run about/so the boy one can hit things with sticks! Hi, Ive recently discovered your site, thank you so much for putting this together. Walk 57: Boddington Reservoir Circular: You wanna a flake with that luv? Harlestone is another favourite, its so close to Northampton, yet its a great place to escape to and enjoy a few minutes peace. The World's End, Ecton (long walk only . We also have a bluebell field nearby. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. West Haddon - Foxhill Farm - Silsworth Lodge Farm - The Jurassic Way - West Haddon. Or why not take him for a paddle in the mill pond at Wadenhoe (Walk 31) . For help see Help. The paths are getting destroyed by the volume of walkers. Seven easy-to-follow hand-crafted circular walks, routes & maps in Northamptonshire of all grades in Walk Grade Order, See these 7 walks in Northamptonshire on an interactive Google Map. Thanks! The bluebells are so pretty, Ive never seen them in person and would love to! Watford - The Jurassic Way - Barleypiece Spinney - Long Spinney - Watford Covert - Flavell's Lodge - Silsworth Lodge Farm - Cherry Lodge - Watford. Dave here. As with everything on my website, its all free. It continues across open countryside towards Lady Wood Head and follows the perimeter of the wood towards Lyveden New Bield. Awwww thank you for coming. It was a nice walk, going through a small part of it you'll be walking on the road, but it was a quiet day when we went, there were hardly any cars. Route finding was easy with obvious paths, good waymarking and good landmarks. So far (& its taken me 3 years!) Item Height: 220mm. Its smelly but youll get a great welcome, Walk 131: RavennaJust incredible mosaics, Walk 133: Turville circularCome in if youre sexy & love Jesus, Walk 134: Henley on Thames CircularBeatles, Pudding Stones & Princess Anne, Walk 135: Tarr Steps, Exmoor, Circular Walkgive it a Clap(per), Walk 136: Curry Rivel Circulara monument to Cider, Walk 137: The Broomway Linear WalkOne of the most dangerous paths in the UK. Of course you can. Free delivery for many products! As the track is very long, it is advised that it is done in a minimum of three sections. Indeed that walk has been highly publicised by The Falcon, who have placed new signs all along it & have been promoting it. The best place to look is on the Interactive Map & then if you click on a PIN it will show you a link. Very nice long walk, some parts are abit muddy, took me and my partner 1 hour 20 mins for this route, Great walk in the wind. Walk 93: Cottingham Village Walk: Possibly the oldest inn in England, Walk 94: Kinewell Lake Circular Walk: Kinda a kindly stroll, Walk 95: Upton Circular: Guided by the Light, Walk 96: Brockhall Circular: The CIA are watching you!, Walk 98: Kings Cliffe & Blatherwyke Circular: Red Kites & bizarre statues, Walk 99: Collingtree & Milton Malser Circular: Maxs Morning Walk, Walk 100: The Nene Way Long Distance Footpath, Walk 101: Brigstock & Fermyn Woods Circular: Wear your green tights for this one, Walk 102: Yelvertoft & Crick Circular: Wellmore a figure of 8. The trail also passes by a number of Northamptonshire's many cultural and historical buildings. The Deli @ Castle Ashby for the best fresh baked olive bread This is a perfect walk for those looking for a shorter distance, vibrant wildlife and historic buildings. Quite muddy Each path roughly tracks the River Nene, but the route does take walkers through local villages so that they can have access to a rest stop and a pub. Sorry, but your browser does not appear to be accepting our cookies. Macmillan said: "Many walkers have expressed great surprise at the many areas of unspoilt countryside that they have passed through while walking Macmillan Way.". It was a lovely evening , Hello! Generally considered an easy route, it takes an average of 1 h 53 min to complete. The walk tracks along the north east side of Northamptonshire and visits a number of beautiful villages along its way. Walks that start in adjacent counties or areas but cross the boundary and include sections of the route within Northamptonshire. Walk 94: St James Linear: Fancy going clubbing gentlemen (& occasionally ladies)? Hi, You're in the suburbs but a world away. Heres another 10 ideas: My Top Free Days Out in Northamptonshire Northamptonshire Pub Walk Family Friendly Elton-Fotheringhay Circuit Castle Ashby Gardens Fermyn Woods Country Park Barnwell Country Park Sywell Country Park The Lyveden Way Kelmarsh & Great Oxendon Tunnels Delapre Abbey. With the weather becoming warmer it would be great to explore new places. Enjoy this 4.9-mile loop trail near Towcester, Northamptonshire. Walk 137: Moulton Village Walk how beautiful! All the steps with instructions etc are on this website. Walk 89: Swansea City Walk: Does it deliver a knockout punch? It is one of the best walks in Northamptonshire, if you are looking to photograph Banded Demoiselles and other dragonflies in summer. Click here for the A - Z. Walkers will be guided along the trail by a number of fingerposts, waymark posts, bridges and fences. The surrounding area was nice. Be advised that there is a crossing over a stream which is relatively slippy if you are not prepared with adequate footwear. I had to keep track of the route with GPS, otherwise there are some odd turnings you might miss, as some of the paths are sort of hidden. To have the information to do circular walks is great. Good fitness required. Upper Boddington is the starting point for a seven-mile walk which travels into Oxfordshire briefly, before returning to the Northamptonshire town. Looking for more places to go in Northamptonshire? Houghton Mill and the Hemingford Loop 3. Let me know what you think of them , These all look like beautiful places to go for a walk no wonder you visit them regularly. Walk 116: Trafalgar Square to St Pauls Cathedral Linear, Walk 117: Shrewsbury Town Centre: 660+ listed buildings to discover, Walk 118 / 118: The City of London (1): The Eastern part, Walk 119: The City of London (2): The fascinating Western part, Walk 120: Eton Town Centre: Up against the WallEton & its college, Walk 121: Spitalfields Circular: A melting pot of history. Walk 104: Maidwell Circular: A short afternoon stroll, Walk 105: Greatworth Circular: A great little stroll, Walk 106: Welton Circular: Up the Junction, Walk 108: Naseby Village & Battlefield Walk: The most important Battle in the English Civil War, Walk 109: Hollowell Circular: Our most beautiful reservoir Permit required, Walk 110: Gayton Circular: A classic Shire stroll around Four Churches, Walk 111: Bugbrooke & Stowe Circular: Nine Churches, Catherine Parr & a Tea Room, Walk 112: Silverstone Circular: A great Formula & an Ancient Wood, Walk 113: Rushden Lakes Circular (1)strolls, ski jumps & sculptures, Walk 114: Rushden Lakes Circular (2): Beautiful frosty mornings, Walk 115: Whitfield CircularMind that Stile! Home Walk 56: Melton Mowbray Town Walk: Everyone loves a Pork Pie, Walk 57: St Andrews Linear Walk: The Home of Golf, Walk 58: Dundee City Walk: One City, Many Discoveries, Walk 59: Rhossili Circular: The supermodel of British beaches, Walk 60: Grantham Town Walk: This walks not for turning, Walk 61: Beverley Town Walk: Down the rabbit hole, Walk 62: Worcester City Walk: Full of Pomp & Ceremony. Thanks Dave , Hi Pam. Walk 119: The Lyveden Waystepping back in history, Walk 120: Collyweston Circularsearching for the lost palace, Walk 122: Nassington Circular this one will get you In the Mood!, Walk 123: Charlton Circular Walk: A stunning short stroll, Walk 124: Gretton & Kirby Hall circular walk, Walk 126: Grafton Underwood & Warkton Circular, Walk 129: Pitsford Reservoir Circular Walk, Walk 130: Yardley Hastings & Castle Ashby Circular, Walk 131: Everdon Fawsley Preston Capes Circular (Get ready to roll!