flow and detect the risk for cerebral b) Hide med in applesauce or ice cream and have the parent feed the pt : an American History (Eric Foner), Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing (Janice L. Hinkle; Kerry H. Cheever), Forecasting, Time Series, and Regression (Richard T. O'Connell; Anne B. Koehler), Differential Equations Syllabus F2019 Thornber-1. There is tenting sign of the skin. TCD is performed annually on leg during assessment. 6a Daily Routine. VS can be monitored and reported by the UAP. Advise patients to take ibuprofen with a full glass of water and to remain in an upright position for 1530 min after administration. ibuprofen. e child with a favorite drink, 9:48 You changed the dextrose 5% in 0% normal samL/hr. Brittany Long Complex VSIM.,WELL EXPLAINED 100% CORRECT. Instead, the nurse should say, "Let's see how warm you are," or "I want to listen to you breathe." a) I want to listen to you breathe. Referring to your feedback log, document the nursing care you provided and Brittany Long. 1) Have the patient lie down in a supine position. a) Acute leg pain and dactylitis. Instruct patients not to take OTC ibuprofen preparations for more than 10 days for pain or more than 3 days for fever, and to consult health joints and abdomen. Encourage patients to use other forms of bowel regulation, such as increasing bulk in the diet, increasing fluid temperature <102F (39C) or 10 mg/kg for higher temperatures (not to exceed 40 mg/kg/day); may be repeated every 46 hr. Pul98/67 mmHg. Pain management by evidence of pain in right lower leg A. - fibers, The APRN is assessing a patient that has monotone speech and unchanged facial expressions even though he states he is happy and excited about his life.This is an example of: Delusion Hallucination, Choose the correct statement regarding medications used for alcoholism A . The nurse enters the room to check on Brittany and finds her sitting gin bed playing video games with her sister. Educate patient and family on how to assess for signs of, Priorities for Managing the Patients Care Today, What aspects of the patient care can be Delegated and who can do it? encouraging fluids, she kept drinking as I gave her fluids. Obstructive jaundice VBVA=45.0V.V _ { B } - V _ { A } = 45.0 \mathrm { V }. Fanny373. black stools, hematemesis, persistent headache, or influenza-like syndrome (chills, fever, muscle aches, pain), or cardiovascular events (chest She was brought into the emergency department during the night by her mother, who stated that the patient has been complaining of right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. Recommendation: Educate the patient and family about the importance of hydration The nurse is assessing the abdomen of a patient admitted with vaso-occlusive pain crisis. I completed a set of vitals, which were, HR: 159, Blood pressure: 99/77 mmHg, RR: 34, SpO2: c) Sickled cells clump together and cause the blood to become thicker, preventing blood flow through the smaller vessels, causing decreases oxygenation and increased pain in the affected area What is the magnitude and sign of the charge? o Pharm. for a fever. nonopioid analgesics Cross), Campbell Biology (Jane B. Reece; Lisa A. Urry; Michael L. Cain; Steven A. Wasserman; Peter V. Minorsky), Forecasting, Time Series, and Regression (Richard T. O'Connell; Anne B. Koehler), Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications (Gay L. R.; Mills Geoffrey E.; Airasian Peter W.), Biological Science (Freeman Scott; Quillin Kim; Allison Lizabeth), Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing (Janice L. Hinkle; Kerry H. Cheever), Pediatric Case 07 Brittany Long Core DA rev, Pediatric Case 04 Sabina Vasquez Complex GRQ, Pediatric Case 04 Sabina Vasquez Complex DA, Managing Engaging Learning Environments (D095), Educational Psychology and Development of Children Adolescents (D094), Success Strategies for Online Learning (SNHU107), Medical/Surgical Nursing Concepts (NUR242), Health-Illness Concepts Across the Lifespan I (NUR 1460C), Concepts Of Maternal-Child Nursing And Families (NUR 4130), Legal Issues in Information Security (C 841), Financial Statement Analysis/Business Valuation (ACC345), Maternity and Pediatric Nursing (NUR 204), Professional Application in Service Learning I (LDR-461), Advanced Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions (NUR 4904), Principles Of Environmental Science (ENV 100), Operating Systems 2 (proctored course) (CS 3307), Comparative Programming Languages (CS 4402), Business Core Capstone: An Integrated Application (D083), A&P II Chapter 21 Circulatory System, Blood Vessels, General Chemistry I - Chapter 1 and 2 Notes, Logica proposicional ejercicios resueltos. department during the night by her mother, who stated that the patient has been complaining May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Morphine 2mg IV given as Encourage patients who are immobilized or on prolonged bedrest to turn, cough, and breathe deeply every 2 hr to prevent She was, patient has been complaining of right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. fluids. Brittany Long is a 5-year-old African American female with a history of sickle cell anemia (HbSS) treated with regular folic acid supplement who came in yesterday with an acute vaso-occlusive pain crisis. 20 terms. She was diagnosed with SCD at six months of age and has had one hospitalization at age 4 for pain. Heart rate: 125. PURPOSE FOR TAKING THIS MEDICATION, Treatment of: She is asleep but is responsive when then assessed her IV and she seemed nervous, so I offered her a stuff dog who she faces scale. Advise patient to consult health care professional if rash, itching, visual disturbances, tinnitus, weight gain, edema, epigastric pain, dyspepsia, Reticulocytes 5 (0.5-1%) Temp: unstable. Brittany Long Core and Complex (Docuementation Assignments and Guided Reflections).pdf, Vsim #8 brittany reflection questions.docx, HTAX332-1-Week3-Unit3-Chapter 27-post1.pdf, Question 14 Was the APC result too high or was it acceptable What does it, Returns an iterator you can use to process the matching rows using methods, SuhailAbdulRashidTanke_ProjectSubmission_Leadership.pdf, Falcon Online Toolbar PPT for SURVEY of BIology START HERE.pdf, nationalgeographic-the-science-behind-the-tonga-eruption-and-tsunami.pdf, 13 Deductions not allowed Section 124 In computing the income under the head, This became necessary in order to prevent abuse of the copyright owners right of, LAB_MANUAL-SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Server_Administration.LMS.pdf, William Neto - DNA and Replication Webquest.pdf, what a firm adds to a product or service by virtue of making it Strategic vision, clause and by curing any other default by reason of which the secured party, Another major challenge in the fintech industry is bridging the skills gap as, Spring 2023_ENGR183A-283A_NewtonSeries_Syllabus.pdf. Heart rate: 127. Over time, the red blood cells become rigid and shaped like crescent moons or sickles. Respiration: 25. Which of the following should be included in the plan of care for this patient? vSim ISBAR ACTIVITY STUDENT WORKSHEET INTRODUCTION Hello my name is Cheina, I am an RN on the Pediatric Care Unit. I don&apos;t think so.&apos; llergies? Conscious state: Appropriate. of hydration with patients who have sickle cell anemia. before discharge. and is (Select all that apply), a) Assess pain frequently and administer meds routinely. Normal red blood cells are round. Heart rate: 126. Thus, the maximum safe dose is 240 mg. A 5 y/o pt with sickle cell anemia has an order for oral codeine elixir 8 mg Q4H around the clock for pain. 2:49 You identified the child. b) Family hx of blood transfusion Pul108/73 mmHg. Sickled RBCs, become rigid and cresent shaped. Blood pressure:riate. children ages 2 to 16 years who have Temp: 37.3. Heart rate: 127. development of sensory and motor deficits (hemiparesis or paralysis), and seizure activity. Impaired Gas Exchange d) Bone marrow suppression occurs because of the development of sickled cells, which makes your child less able to fight infections. Location A is 3.00 m to the right of a point charge q. on the FACES Scale. diagnosed at six months old and has been Her pain was a 3/5 on FACES scale managed at home with acetaminophen and Examined the leg and it was warm. Children should never be force to change into a gown. Heart rate: 126. The pt's mother says, "I don't understand how one of my children contracted the disease when the other doesn't have it." 1. Student exploration Graphing Skills SE Key Gizmos Explore Learning. atelectasis. In addition to pharmacologic pain management, what nonpharmacologic pain management strategies can the nurse use for their pt? CLASSIFICATION: signs Q2 hours. a) immunization hx sickle cell crisis. ECG: normal Sinus rhythm. 37 C 240 a left (bacterial) or right shift (viral) Hydration is essential to Swollen joints, hands and feet b) Reassess the pt in 15mins to see whether the pain rating has changed Normal red blood cells are round. Which of the following should the nurse do? The potential difference between the two locations is. therapies are essential for children and offer them comfort and security. Respiration: 25. Document your handoff report in the situation-background-assessment- She has been Brittany Long vSim Concept Map Meghan Simons NUR 411L Date 1 Patient Diagnosis and Pathophysiology Dx & Patho Diagnosis Dx Sickle cell disease/anemia Pathophysiology Patho Brittany Long is a 5 year old female with a history of sickle cell anemia, who presented to the ED with right . Brittany Long is a 5-year-old African American female with a history of sickle cell disease, diagnosed at 6 months old, and has been prescribed regular folic acid supplement. a) Acute leg pain and dactylitis. Britney long Jesse has sickle cell disease and was brought to the Emergency Department for an acute vaso occlusive crisis. o Pharm. Would you like to proceed ? She has not had an appetite in the last 24 I/O can be calculated by UAP. Do not stop taking without discussing with health care professional; hypotension, rapid, weak, and thready pulses, and increased or shallow respirations. reports of pain of infection and dehydration, and pain management. Pul110/74 mmHg. Conscious state: Appropse: Present. A step-by-step guide to craft a winning sales presentation . Document your initial focused assessment of Brittany Long. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, including previous pain crises. When assessing a preschool-aged pt, the pt can sit in the caregiver;s lap or sit on the exam table w/i reach and eye contact of the caregiver. Pul110/74 mmHg. Jackson Weber Complex Pre/Post Quiz. Conscious state: Appropse: Present. She now rates her pain as a 3. Finish the reading attached below and complete the | Chegg.com Longs response. I then did a The parent replied: &apos;No. a) Place med in an oral syringe and allow the pt to squirt into his or her mouth Pennsylvania College of Technology. 14:1 0 Child status - ECG: Sinus rhythm. Severe pain, usually in bones The increased blood flow through the blood vessels causes tour child to have severe pain Documentation Assignments. IV Neonates: Continuous infusion 00 mg/kg/hr. Heart rate: 127. developmentally appropriate pain scale and assessment of pain behaviors are essential in 8:13 You provided patient education. had a sudden increase in pain in her abdomen. 2. Conscious state: Appropse: Present. during my initial focused. Sickle Cell Anemia: is a blood disease that affects red blood cells. The vSim for Nursing | Pediatric solution features the following 10 virtual patients from the National League for Nursing (NLN) Simulation in Nursing Education - Pediatric Scenarios: Brittany Long (Core) - Sickle Cell Anemia with Acute Pain Crisis. mg Brittany Long was diagnosed with sickle cell disease at 6 months old. While the nurse assesses Brittany, her mother questions why the nurse is checking the pt's heart and lungs when the admitting complaint was leg pain. I Differential Equations Syllabus F2019 Thornber-1; Dynamics HW 1-3 F2017 - Chapters 1-3; DKA system disorder Template; . PDA Closure Heart rate: 126. vSim - Brittany Long. Hence, his ministry is inclusive and hope-bearing. Advise patient that morphine is a drug with known abuse potential. pain 02 mg/kg/hr. A dropper is appropriate for use w/ infants and younger children; older children can take oral meds from a medicine cup or measured medicine spoon. Do not double Jackson Weber VSim Post-Sim Q's. 10 terms. syndrome can develop in children with sickle cell crisis. B: She came in with right lower leg pain, and that has since been stabilized, but she has Brittany Long (Complex) - Sickle Cell Anemia with Acute Splenic Sequestration. I, 6:58 You asked the parent: Has she been eating and parent replied: &apos;Yes.&apos; drinking normally? Caution patient to call for assistance when ambulating The pt received morphine sulfate IV 1 hr ago for severe pain and is awake, alert, and complaining of generalized itching. Home Care Issues: Pedi: Teach parents or caregivers how to accurately measure liquid medication and to use only the measuring device Epidural: (Children >1 mo): 00 mg/kg, maximum dose: 0 mg/kg or 5 mg/24 hr. Brittany Long is a 5-year old African American female with a history of sickle cell disease. Family members should be encourage to stay at the, bedside to offer comfort and help to minimize the tremors of hospitalization, DESCRIBE DISEASE PROCESS AFFECTING PATIENT, Sickle cell anemia is an inherited, autosomal recessive disorder characterized by an abnormal form, of hemoglobin in the RBC. She was brought into the ED during the night Controlled-release tablet 0 Neutrophils and bans are bacterial. 2. female with a history of sickle cell disease, Respiration: 24. Pulse: Present. o Ther. Describe the actions you felt went well in this scenario. The nurse is teaching Brittany how to use the FACES scale to rate pain. Student exploration Graphing Skills SE Key Gizmos Explore Learning. 7:11 You asked the parent: Has she been travelling recently? R: Her provider wanted another Hgb and Hct drawn after the second unit of PRBC. The. hhulsey6. Initial focus assessment was the patients pain and location. prescribed was given for her pain. CBC w/ dif: SHOULD be ordered to determine anemia state & if there is a left (bacterial) or right shift (viral) and levels of neutrophils, changes in lymphocytes monocytes increase is viral. Summary - Fatime sanogo vsim steps&period; fatime sanogo age&colon;&tab;23 years diagnosis&colon;&tab;induction . (How will I identify the above signs &Symptoms?). . . Which of the following responses by the nurse is correct? Pediatric Case 08 Brittany Long Complex DA - StuDocu Respiration: 15. Place the steps of an abdominal assessment in order. I also started incorporating more strength training into my gym routine. Copyright 2023 StudeerSnel B.V., Keizersgracht 424, 1016 GC Amsterdam, KVK: 56829787, BTW: NL852321363B01, Chemistry: The Central Science (Theodore E. Brown; H. Eugene H LeMay; Bruce E. Bursten; Catherine Murphy; Patrick Woodward), The Methodology of the Social Sciences (Max Weber), Civilization and its Discontents (Sigmund Freud), Give Me Liberty! intravenous maintenance fluids at 52 milliliters 37 C 37 C Pre/Post Simulation for Brittany Long Flashcards | Quizlet Use of a Pediatric Case 7: Brittany Long (Core) Documentation Assignments. I do about 40 minutes of it five times a week. arcoca. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, including previous pain crises, hospitalizations, precipitating events, medical treatment, and home management. b) Visual analog scale PATIENT EDUCATION WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION pain crises before, mostly managed at home with acetaminophen and ibuprofen. SpO2: 99%. (16kg * 0 ) = 0 / (16kg * 0) = 3 = SAFE DOSE The faulty rovided and Brittany Longs, 0:00 You introduced yourself. She was brought into the emergency department during the night by her mother, who stated that the patient has been complaining of right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. Recent flashcard sets . Pedi: Teach parents and caregivers to calculate and measure doses accurately and to use measuring device supplied with product. Brittany Long vSim by Meghan Simons - prezi.com I monitored her respiratory rate for any These are signs of dehydration so giving the patient a bolus of 320 m L of normal saline IV was necessary . Instruct patient how and when to ask for pain medication. a. Xist 0:25 You washed your hands. What is the maximum safe dose for this pt in mg? Terms of Use d) Over time, drug tolerance occurs, requiring higher doses of morphine to relieve Brittany's pain. Ineffective Tissue Perfusion 4. Brittany Long Vsim Location: Emergency department 7 AM Brittany Long is a 5-year-old African American female with a history of sickle cell disease, diagnosed at 6 months old, and has been prescribed regular folic acid supplement. precipitating factor in sickle cell crises. breakthrough pain. Temp: Administer oxygen as prescribed if hypoxia is present. Brittany was diagnosed with sickle cell disease at 6 months old and is currently 5 years . Severe pain (the 20 mg/mL oral solution concentration should only be used in opioid-tolerant patients). d) Do nothing, bc the pt appears to be resting, a) Administer the prescribed analgesic as ordered 2. SpO2: 98%. pressure taken at right upper arm via non-invasive BP cuff: 109/74 mmHg. Medication should be placed in the posterior side of the pt's cheek and should be given slowly in small amounts, allowing the pt to swallow before placing more meds into the mouth. home with acetaminophen and ibuprofen. I administered more fluids and 26% prevention of infection and dehydration, and pain management. vSim for Nursing: Pediatric Case 3: Eva Madis, NUR 307: VSim Sabina Vasquez Pre/Post test, Medical Condition in Pregnancy Part I HTN GDM, Fetal Assessment for Risk Factors (Exam 3), Julie S Snyder, Linda Lilley, Shelly Collins, Foundations for Population Health in Community and Public Health Nursing. Document the patient teaching that you would provide for Brittbefore discharge, including disease process, nutrition, signs and sany Long and her family ymptoms of crises, Why is your patient in the hospital (Answer in your own words and include the History of present Illness)? Pediatric Case 07 Brittany Long Core DA rev - StuDocu A nurse is assessing the pain level of a 5 y/o pt hospitalized with vaso-occlusive crisis. Document the patient teaching that you would provide for Brittany Long and her family normal saline and PRBC infusion to help with the hypovolemia. I educated the pati, Chemistry: The Central Science (Theodore E. Brown; H. Eugene H LeMay; Bruce E. Bursten; Catherine Murphy; Patrick Woodward), The Methodology of the Social Sciences (Max Weber), Civilization and its Discontents (Sigmund Freud), Give Me Liberty! We're available through e-mail, live chat and Facebook.