4 reasons to fly Saga Class on Icelandair's new Boeing 737 MAX over the If you're flying over to Iceland, I'd recommend choosing a seat on the left side of the plane for potential Northern Lights viewing. Your seat is one thing, that you can chose to a degree. Saga class seats seemed practically the same as economy but a little wider and with a little extra leg room. No special amenities here for Saga Premium Class passengers. Earn 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel. What is best for you? My favorite plane by far. Where to sit when flying United's Boeing 737 MAX 8 with the new Score: 80.00. Get our daily email for the latest in travel, flight deals, and how to save on your next trip. Thrifty Tip: Need help getting a cheap fare to Iceland? The dining and social area is at the back of the lounge, but the space is so large that none of the noise really filtered into more private areas of the lounge. A stink of kerosene in the cabin or any din are not present. My April flight from Reykjavik to Boston clocked in at roughly five hours on one of Icelandair's newest planes, a Boeing 737 MAX8. Depending on the sale, you may find similar fares for flights connecting at KEF to destinations in Europe, and stopovers are generally free, letting you visit continental Europe and Iceland for the same price. To recline the seat, you press the silver button on the inside of the right armrest, just as with a traditional economy plane seat. Icelandair 767 [767-300ER] seat maps? - FlyerTalk Forums Seat Map Icelandair Boeing 737 MAX (7M8). Find the best seat on your Click here to search for a specific flight, set aircraft change alerts, schedule change alerts, and more. Also, just accept the fact that you're going to be tired when you arrive. Even during the busiest part of the morning, there was no line to get in and plenty of seats to pick from. As with nearly every airline, the best way to start your search for Icelandair Saga Premium flights is with Google Flights. Both perks probably saved me close to 30 minutes of check-in and security lines, helping me get to the Saga Lounge faster. Review: Air Canada Business Class B737 - MAX 8, Calgary - Vancouver Each Premium seat featured a large entertainment screen, too. You'll find nearly identical Saga Class recliners across Icelandair's fleet, with both the narrow-body Boeing 737 MAX and wide-body 767 operating flights between KEF and the U.S., depending on the route and date. to save on your next trip. Icelandair's Saga Class, in business class or first . Also, I can't imagine there's a lot of airlines that have direct flights on your route so you probably won't have a lot of choices, either. Book Icelandair Flights & Reservations (FI) - Expedia.com And for those who frequently fly, as I do, youll want to be comfortable. I didnt have a problem fitting my personal item under the seat in front of me, but you can find the dimensions on Icelandairs website as well . An Icelandair Saga Premium ticket will grant you access to the Icelandair Saga Lounge, and that's the easiest way to get inside. Helps with jet lag. USD$300 (to/from Iceland) / USD$350 (to/from Europe or Israel) Included. I just stripped down to my undershirt and my infant daughter had to be taken down to her onesie, but life was hard for my wife who was only wearing a sweat-top and could not de-layer further. The 737 MAX sports ViaSat connectivity the same internet available across JetBlue's fleet. Thanks for providing this in depth look into the Saga Premium seats on Icelandair! Some travelers may not want to book a transatlantic flight on a narrow-body plane, but I wouldn't hesitate, especially if there's an opportunity to score a newer aircraft, as I did on my recent JetBlue economy flight to London. You're barely going to have time to sleep on the plane anyway, so even if you sleep like a baby, it'll only be for a few hours. Thanks for the long review, this really helps to understand the prices. Info. Our points-obsessed staff uses a plethora of credit cards on a daily basis. The current welcome offer on this card is quite lucrative. On Qatar Airways, you can only get 15 minutes or 10 MB of free Wi-Fi via a sponsor. The seatback screens pulled out a little bit to improve viewing angles, which was handy especially when the seat in front of me reclined. Flight Review: Icelandair's 737 MAX 8 Saga Premium - AirlineReporter This flight was on a Boeing 757-200, which has some of the most spacious seats in Icelandair's fleet. Upon boarding the aircraft, we were greeted by a stewardess and given a bottle of water straight away a very nice touch. - By choosing row 6 you are less likely to be transfered backwards. I am really sad. Read on for a review of the entire Icelandair experience, from booking to arrival. Copenhagen-Kastrup (CPH) To. On the right were a list of snacks. Don't plan a lot but do something to get out in the daylight. Amenities I spent close to three hours there and I wish I had more time. Seat Map Icelandair Boeing B757 200 | SeatMaestro Loyal readers will recall our 2017 review of Saga Premium (which, at the the time, was called Saga Class) on Icelandair's venerable 757-200s.. I flew Icelandic Air in 80s from Chicago to Lux. We were all comfortable, even my . Find the best seat on your next flight. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only. The blankets were nice and thick, and big enough to actually cover your feet and arms at the same time. Get alerts like this one sent to your inbox with Thrifty Traveler Premium! Plus, your own feed of TPG content. Before the lie-flat revolution over the last decade or two, recliners were the norm in business class aside from the addition of seat-back displays, the Icelandair 767 cabins resemble those of decades past. For me, I wont be traveling on Icelandair again. Mikhala joined the Thrifty Traveler team in 2018 after living in China and completing graduate school. Baltimore (BWI) Boston (BOS) Chicago-O'Hare (ORD) Denver (DEN) Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) Montral (YUL) Newark (EWR) New York City (JFK) Orlando (MCO) Portland (PDX) Raleigh (RDU) Seattle (SEA) Toronto (YYZ) Vancouver (YVR) Icelandair Flights and Reviews (with photos) - Tripadvisor On the 737 and 757 planes, the economy cabin. Each seat in economy is 19 inches wide, compared to the 17 inches you'll get on most of Icelandair's other planes. It unfolded into a half-tray first, which was nice for my pre-departure drink. Right away, the space felt huge, but intimate. It only took a few minutes for all 16 passengers in the full Icelandair Saga cabin to get seated. There are a few seats that have a bit of extra leg room but you need to check for your flight not ask in general Most airlines have business class which is far cheaper than First and some might have premium economy Search business class flight prices for Icelandair and more. Does Icelandair have flat seats? - KnowledgeBurrow.com maybe not the BEST seat but still. While still expensive, it was on par with what I expected to pay for food inflight (and in Iceland). While yes, you can select your seat for free, that doesnt mean that you wont get switched or that the carrier will change airplanes. We still have not received any assistance, and we are still driving in an (expensive) rental car back down to California. Credit ranges are a variation of FICO Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application. Ryanair Passenger Reviews: What to Know Before You Fly - Travel I loved the hospitable touch of a bottle of water upon boarding. Paul (MSP) and Reykjavik (KEF) goes fast. Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. SAN-PDX is operated by Alaska (AS 1073) and PDX-KEF is operated by Icelandair (FI 664). All passengers in Premium were offered complimentary noise-canceling headphones to use during the flight, too. 6 hours in the middle with no leg room and unable to recline. Aer Lingus A330-200 Economy Class. Great review. As with most airlines, the key is knowing what you're getting into. One other underrated and important element of the lounge was its Wi-Fi connection, which was lightning fast. $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline. Icelandair Fleet Boeing 757-200 Details and Pictures - AirlinesFleet.com Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card. For the other two flights, things were fine. Our opinions are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by our advertising partners. At the moment Icelandair has a fare sale, offering roundtrip business class fares starting at just $999 all-in (and in some cases even less, even though that's what it's advertised as): You need to book by Sunday, October 23, 2022. SeatGuru Seat Map Icelandair